Gone Fishing

I think this is the second series of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. I've no interest in fishing but I find the programme really entertaining. It's nice gentle comedy and there is a real rapport between Bob and Paul. I just hope Vic Reeves doesn't make an appearance and spoil it. 😄

I love it, gentle funny viewing, also I agree it would be ruined by Vic Reeves or whatever his real name is making an appearance, he is just too absurd for words.

I watched the first series and very much enjoyed it so I’ll try and catch up on it. The only thing that bugged me was you had the hapless bob fishing at places (and expert unseen tutelage of John Bailey) that most anglers would kill to fish.

On 10/08/2019 at 20:05, Rollypolly said:

I think this is the second series of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. I've no interest in fishing but I find the programme really entertaining. It's nice gentle comedy and there is a real rapport between Bob and Paul. I just hope Vic Reeves doesn't make an appearance and spoil it. 😄

I think the first series was better than this one. It was more natural, but now they know the first series was a success, I feel they are trying too hard to strike up a conversation . Just keep fishing lads, and let the conversation come naturally. You will get people who have never fished interested then. By the way if you’ve ever been fishing you don’t catch them as quickly as that. Looks like theve “ cut” the film between each catch to make the programme more interesting. You can fish all day long without catching a thing but then the programme wouldn’t be as interesting would it ?

I know what you mean Patricia although as I said I haven't seen the first series so it's all new to me. 😊

50 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

I know what you mean Patricia although as I said I haven't seen the first series so it's all new to me. 😊

First series was excellent.  It was done not long after Bob Mortimer had, had his heart surgery & was told to take thing a bit slower & try to stay calm. 

Anything with Bob Mortimer is good.  Naturally funny. 

I'm going to download the first series. I missed it when it was on as I'd just had a heart attack myself and never got round to watching it. Think I might have to take up fishing. It seems to have done Bob and Paul some good. 

17 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I'm going to download the first series. I missed it when it was on as I'd just had a heart attack myself and never got round to watching it. Think I might have to take up fishing. It seems to have done Bob and Paul some good. 

It’s very relaxing.

Can anyone tell me the name of the port that Bob and Paul went sea fishing from in this week's programme please?

I don’t know but last night they were in Ireland. They are spoiling the programme by forcing their conversation instead of letting it come naturally while fishing. They did catch a big fish though.!

A few months ago my sister in law sent me a photo of Mortimer and Whitehouse at Staithes near where she lives. I thought there may be a new series in the pipeline but they were filming for the Christmas special in which Chris Rea features.