Re Chroming.

On 10/08/2019 at 21:09, jonnyhonda said:

Many years ago when I worked for a bolt and nut manufacturer in Sheffield  , we used a couple of platers - John Street Platers  on Burton Street I think , and Firmachrome at Heeley . I don't know if either are still in business , I moved out of Sheffield many years ago.

Think it was Firmachrome that used to have a van with a large chromed ball on the cab roof?

Only problem was that it was rusty as hell!

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Think it was Firmachrome that used to have a van with a large chromed ball on the cab roof?

Only problem was that it was rusty as hell!

Lol...I don't remember that  , but it was 40 years ago .

A Big Thank you to all who have replied. Interesting stuff.

I have been quoted £50.00 to have the wheel polished.  (Stainless Finishing services and wheel clinic. Foley Street, sheff.).

They will polish the wheel rim and inner rim...but not get to the Inner section between the spokes.

Fair enough i suppose, and as suggested i could lacquer it to stop it going off again. 

I can buy a new rim for around £80.00..But then i'd have to strip the old wheel and have it all re-spoked and 'Trued', which in the end is way more hassle and cost.!  A brand new rear wheel direct from Suzuki is £ 475.00..!!

I'll give those a ring who have been suggested here and take it from there.

Thanks again chaps.