Leppings Lane Closure

9 hours ago, amnicoll said:

have they re timed the traffic lights to facilitate the diverted traffic so at least there are not red lights when there is no traffic because of the closed road?

have they <removed>!

Like I said, just get a copper to wave them through on red.

Edited by nikki-red

21 hours ago, MICK BADGER said:

not to mention the extra pollution created from gridlocked cars

I think it is part of a concerted move to increase pollution levels in the city so that they can get the level as high as possible then announce new schemes to reduce the levels and lo and behold ....

13 hours ago, FORE said:

have they <removed>!

Like I said, just get a copper to wave them through on red.

So simple

I wonder what our local Councillors are doing about this .... on second thoughts

11 hours ago, amnicoll said:

Even if it were "too difficult" half a brain would say there are loads of police and stewards hanging around and perhaps you could turn off the lights (cover them up ) and have someone directing the traffic like they used to do in olden days

That sounds like a good idea.

so no chance then!

There are lots of these in town, red light changes causing huge queues. Nothing to do with pollution collection points of course, as I've been saying in the CAZ thread for ages.

There are lots of these in town, red light changes causing huge queues

and no trafic on the green light side.

some of these appear to be automatically  set to allow pedestrians to cross even if there are none  though there is a button that pedestrians can use

And if the new retail park opposite the stadium gets the go ahead.... then what ?

12 hours ago, darylslinn said:

And if the new retail park opposite the stadium gets the go ahead.... then what ?

The only logical solution would be to shut the North Stand, Kop and leppings lane, ban away fans and reduce south stand capacity to 6k.

13 hours ago, darylslinn said:

shoppers are locked in?

Al the residents in this area pay rates to the council and no thought as gone into them I think this is illegal to close so many roads  can’t they close them half an hour before reopen while the match is on then close for half an hour after the police are there they could do it

On 10/08/2019 at 22:34, Arthur Ritus said:

Sorry but I struggle to understand that statement, you are saying  syp have placed an order on SWFC to close leppings lane to other vehicle traffic whilst derby matches are on because they (swfc or syp?) are being heavy handed  with fans?

If its syp then surely a stream of vehicles (especially a few hgv's ) would be beneficial if there was fans without tickets  amassing on leppings lane after kick off , a good time for a spot of unseasonal snow ploughing perhaps.

Surely SWFC cannot shut leppings lane it takes authorisation from the local council, obviously the sensitive nature of football hooliganism gives the police special powers but it is not an emergency action but a pre planned council authorised action - if not it would be illegal.?  I would genuinely love to know the true facts of the reasoning for the closure throughout the match.

I have to say you don't see police officers on the lepping lane closures just yellow jacketed guys that, well stop more women going home with there shopping than groups of males whom look some what intimidating  (don't blame them to be honest, they won't  be  getting paid enough to be receiving  a bit of abh),  perhaps the ground has been granted controlling powers over Leppings lane, not informed locals but that's nothing new.

I think it is time o move the stadium 

14 hours ago, Acky72 said:

I think it's time to remember when the next local elections take place.

On 24/09/2019 at 22:14, Acky72 said:

Does the same thing happen around Bramall Lane on a match day ?