Leppings Lane Closure

this does nothing to explain why leppings Lane was closed whilst the match was in progress,

One might have though that the day before they would have known they were going to close the road or did they suddenly wake up on Saturday morning and say hey lets close it

Note nothing about locals in this

FYI 

swfc are are responsible for road management before / during / after games, not SYP. 

If you use Twitter there’s an account called swfc police. They are quite helpful if you have questions surrounding match day operations. 

I do not use twitter

really you are saying that SWFC have the right to close public roads

i expect they're paying for it, but, yes. it's reasonably easy to close a road for a few hours.

Edited by ads36

9 hours ago, amnicoll said:

I do not use twitter

really you are saying that SWFC have the right to close public roads

In conjunction with SYP. But it’s SWFC who are responsible for the planning 

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:25, amnicoll said:

this does nothing to explain why leppings Lane was closed whilst the match was in progress,

One might have though that the day before they would have known they were going to close the road or did they suddenly wake up on Saturday morning and say hey lets close it

Note nothing about locals in this

I think that road security around big events has become stronger recently due to the risk of terrorist attacks. If there are hundreds of people in crowds walking to a event then the roads are now closed to prevent someone driving a van into the crowd and causing injuries. The level of restriction may depend upon the current threat level.

If you go to Sheffield Train station and Doncaster airport, there are now HGV proof traffic bollards to deter similar terrorist incidents that have happened elsewhere in the UK

Edited by muddycoffee

Just heard on radio Sheffield that the council and swfc have agreed to close penistone rd for an hour after each match for the safety of the departing fans.

Brilliant so no way home or out without massive detours for many residents

Perhaps it is time to either close down Sheffield Wednesday or move the ground - perhaps to Bury?

Disruption in the Hillsborough area on match days has gone on for years,in the 60s I lived on Marion road ,in those days I worked Saturday mornings!.One Saturday a cup semi final was being played,at the bottom of Marion road steel barriers were placed across blocking access!.I knew of this so I drove up Croften Avenue and along the top road turning down Marion road from above pulling up at my house!.Just as I was going to turn off my ignition a load shout came from the barrier area,it was a very annoyed plump police sergeant who strode up to me!."

Turn the car off and I,ll book you!"says he""I live here says I!""I,ve told you once!".He was adamant and no matter how I protested he meant it,so I had to drive right past Middlewood Hospital park my car and walk back,going back after teatime to recover it!,I was not a happy bunny to put it mildly!.

This is due to the North/South stands not being able to exit on to leppings lane. The powers that be obviously think an extra 5000 people exiting on to Penistone, and shutting that road is a far better solution than holding back the away fans for 10 minutes. Especially tomorrow when QPR will only bring a handful.

Seems crazy

Here is how Stagecoach bus services will be impacted: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/08/2019-13:39:16:103

Normal service on the trams.

No information from First bus, but presume it will be similar to Stagecoach.

This has been enforced on the club for safety reasons following some serious concerns from the authorities. It is a pretty normal thing to do to be fair, Bramall Lane has had closures after football matches whilst crowds clear for a few years now.