Sign in to follow this  

Error Building Perch Player

Can anyone help me please? I like to look at the Sheffield Peregrins but for the last week I keep getting this message. Error building perch player create flash player instead. I have to turn off my tablet and then turn it back on to be able to see this site. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Thanks for any help. Alan.

Hi Alan,

Are you using http://peregrine.group.shef.ac.uk/

There isn't much to see at this time of year but both the perch and nest cameras seem to be streaming ok. I don't think Android has flash player, I seem to remember them stopping it some years ago.

I just checked on my PC (Windows 10) and Android Tablet (Android 9) both using Chrome, all streams working.

It might help if you list all your tablet specs. Make/model/OS version etc.

Hello zach, Thanks for getting back to me, I'am using the link you have mentioned which I have done for a few years now. my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy tab A SM-T580. using Chrome. I know that Android stopped using flash player some time ago thats one of the things thats been confusing me. The problem I have happens about once a day and after restarting my tablet it works ok. 

Thanks again

Alan.

Have you got any extensions running on Chrome?

It's working after a restart so I'd be looking for a running app or extension that may be running later and causing problems. It might also be worth giving Chrome a clear out of old cookies etc and checking it's up to date. I've also come across certain VPN software that cause issues in browsers...anything like that running?

Hello zach sorry for the late reply. I will look into what you suggest and see if it solves the problem. Alan.