'Awards' For Ridiculous Packaging!

M&S sausage rolls (twin-pack) used to just come together in a plastic wrapper.  Now they sit on a plastic tray, inside a plastic wrapper.

A small increase but completely unnecessary.

32 minutes ago, geared said:

M&S sausage rolls (twin-pack) used to just come together in a plastic wrapper.  Now they sit on a plastic tray, inside a plastic wrapper.

A small increase but completely unnecessary.

It's so they don't get too attached to each other. 😉

Posted (edited)

My complaint is just the opposite of being over wrapped. Aldi used to sell Pink Lady apples that were in plastic egg-box type holders and by and large they were not bruised. Now they have done away with these holders and two apples in every three have bruises, some big ones. These apples cost about 50 pence each and for that money I expect to have a bruise-free apple. 

Edited by woolyhead

HP used to win awards for this.

My "fondest" memory was getting four pallets, each of which had a group of six  A4 boxes plastic wrapped  onto them.

Inside each box there was foam lined inner box holding a sheet of A4 paper on which was stuck a sticer about the size of an address label which has the server licence key on it.

They could have stuck all 24 on a single sheet of A3 and posted it.