Hi Guys.

My partner and I intend to move to Sheffield in a few months. We wanted some recommendations on where to purchase a house please.

Details:

- We will have £150,000 (via mortgage)

- Plan on having children within a few years

- Not too bothered about night life

- Ideally want a 3 bedroom house but will settle for a 2 bedroom

- Again, ideally the house will come with a garden and parking space

- We want a safe area with generally good schools. High priority (safety/nice area)

- Within a 7 - 8 mile radius of Sheffield City Centre.

Just wondered what your thoughts are on areas to look at to be honest. Thanks for providing any information.

16 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Lodge Moor.

Don"t think so, not with £150,000.

Just had a quick look. Unfortunately that doesn't seem within the price range. Any other suggestions?

Just checked them all out but again slightly out of our price range unfortunately. What's one step down from these haha? 

We were in this position around 10 years ago, so gradually looked further down the hill from Crookes into Walkley and Hillsborough and ended up in Hillsborough. Its not the most glamorous of locations but you get a lot more house for your money, mostly decent sized and private gardens, you may struggle with private parking though. 

In the area, Hillsborough Park is a really lovely space to have if you're thinking of children, plenty of cafes and some nice new pubs/bars opening up and good transport links into the city. I have always felt safe in the area too. 

We stayed in the area when we moved again recently. 

Lowedges.

My son recently bought a house on Lowedges. It’s ex council so very well built. Before anyone says that it’s rough up there, I’ll say have you been? I live close by , at Norton and was unsure when he wanted to buy there but where he is everyone is really nice, majority of homes around him are private, some council. He has a good bus service , good schools and he loves it. If you have a car you are just a short drive from the Peak District.  It’s also close to Chesterfield.Being single it was one of very few areas he could afford on one wage, but, as I said he loves it. only downside no descent pubs but just a bus ride to Woodseats where there are a good few pubs and restaurants.

I’d say look around there.

Edited by DumDom

That radius cover pretty much the whole city area, so where do need to be?

On 10/08/2019 at 11:42, JonTimbers said:

Just checked them all out but again slightly out of our price range unfortunately. What's one step down from these haha? 

Walkley is near Crookes, and is a bit cheaper (though Walkley seems to be getting more and more expensive nowadays too).

Then you're into Hillsborough, Middlewood, Wadsley, Stannington and out towards Stocksbridge.  £150,000 easily gets you 3 beds there, if thats the region of the city you want to live in of course.

Octopus99 - Thanks. Hillsborough reads well.
DumDom - Seems a decent price too. Will look more into it.
Geared - Nowhere specific, just within the requirements above. I'll take a look into those places. 
nightrider - I think Walkley seems nice but again above our price range. At least for the houses I've see this month.

Thanks everyone. If you think of anything else then please let me know
:)

Edited by nikki-red