Pharmacist refuses to dispense contraceptive pills

2 minutes ago, firthpark said:

If you really wanted you could ring Lloyd’s firthpark and ask I’m sure they’ll explain the law and there policy and there’s a good chance she will answer the phone to explain her views but remember she done nothing wrong 

I dont want to ring Lloyds and waste their time. Who ever answers the phone possibly has better things to do that field questions about some non event?

8 minutes ago, firthpark said:

but remember she done nothing wrong 

That’s not true.

She has refused to supply legally prescribed medication to a stranger because of her own bonkers views.

That’s pretty vile! 😡

Edited by Top Cats Hat

9 hours ago, amnicoll said:

Lloyds are not alone in bad service among the pharmacies,  +Well took over my local pharmacy and the service has deteriorated rapidly so much so that even though it is the most convenient and easiest one to use I have taken my business elsewhere and I know i am not the only one

Do you by any chance mean the Well chemist on Middlewood Rd just past the tram terminus? Since they took this one over it has really gone to the dogs.Prescriptions never ready,staff talking among themselves and ignoring customers and they don't seem to have heard of please and thank you.I go elsewhere and I live close enough to throw a brick through their window.

Well she put my mrs about but legally nothing wrong .The other pharmacist where she went knew of her and says she’s just a pain but she knows her rights  

5 minutes ago, firthpark said:

Well she put my mrs about but legally nothing wrong .The other pharmacist where she went knew of her and says she’s just a pain but she knows her rights  

I realise ive been a bit sceptical of this whole saga but I have a genuine question.

Are you saying the other pharmacist (in a separate Chemists) was willing to discuss the person who you say refused your wife service in the first Chemists?

This may be of interest 

S&P

The GPhC adds: "Pharmacy professionals are expected to comply with the standards for pharmacy professionals and not impose their own values and beliefs on other people, and to take responsibility for ensuring that patient care is not compromised.

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/feature/can-pharmacists-be-forced-provide-ehc

Spoke on phone to Lloyd’s as long as she recommended another pharmacy and checked if they had the drugs there’s no dispute then they sent that email 

1 minute ago, firthpark said:

Spoke on phone to Lloyd’s as long as she recommended another pharmacy and checked if they had the drugs there’s no dispute then they sent that email 

Thank you for your answer. Its appreciated.

Another quick question if thats ok? What were the religious beliefs. I realise you may not know exactly but have you any idea at all?

Sorry that was to another question she said due to her religious beliefs so don’t know she wasn’t dressed in Muslim dress so I’m thinking catholic but that’s just stereotyping and irrelevant 

44 minutes ago, firthpark said:

Sorry that was to another question she said due to her religious beliefs so don’t know she wasn’t dressed in Muslim dress so I’m thinking catholic but that’s just stereotyping and irrelevant 

Its interesting that you mention Muslim first but anyway, like you say, its stereotyping and irrelevant.

Thanks for your replies