Pharmacist refuses to dispense contraceptive pills

2 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

Surprise surprise

I think that's what the OP was trying to avoid ;)

16 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think that's what the OP was trying to avoid ;)

😆

Mickey Finn I know you think your trying  to help sharing something like this and somebody wants to start an argument whats that about throughly modern family there’s some right <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

I’d never make a politician 😀

This

Is disgusting. Shouldn't be in the job it you cant fully do it. Why would someone want to go elsewhere. And then  people wonder why there is hated people 

On 09/08/2019 at 17:12, katekate said:

This has been going on for years.  My personal opinion is that if a pharmacist refuses to dispense something if it is against their beliefs then then they should not be doing the job or the pharmacy should at all times have someone else available to dispense these items.  If you have chosen that career then you should be prepared to put your beliefs to one side.  As long as you practice what you believe in during your own personal life then I can't see a problem.  There are lots of things in life that many of us dont agree with but when you are providing  a service to the public you have to keep your own views to yourself. For me its similar to when Jehovah's Witnesses  come knocking on my door.  I politely tell them that I dont agree with what they believe and ask them not to call again.  I dont have a problem with what they believe as long as they keep it to themselves and dont try recruiting me.

Exactly. Religion should be left at the door. 

A certain religion goes against my religious beliefs. Does that mean my employer let's me refuse to deal with that religions followers? 

No. Because that would be discrimination, as is this. 

4 hours ago, Resident said:

No. Because that would be discrimination, as is this. 

Is it?

Who is discriminating against who?

On 09/08/2019 at 13:42, carosio said:

If any apparently intelligent pharmacist wishes to live their life according to myths and fairy tales from the distant past that’s their business. But if they want the benefits of modern life, such as a career as a pharmacist, they need to keep their beliefs to themselves when dealing with the general public and be professional. 

it’s disgraceful, Pharmacists should be made to take an oath, not to refuse to dispense prescriptions because of their religious beliefs.  I didn’t even know they were allowed to.

A lot of women lost their lives by going to backstreet abortionist before the pill, is that what these religious people want to see happen again.  

If I was the OP I would contact my Member of Parliament. 

Edited by hauxwell

It's permitted for religion, I wonder if there are any other things you opt out of for religion?

My example is a few years old now but I too was shocked and surprised that a big chain pharmacy would Rota a fundamental xtian to work on the emergency pharmacy counter.

Surely they expect patients to want and need emergency contraception?

On 09/08/2019 at 12:38, firthpark said:

As anyone experienced anything like this my wife went to the Lloyd’s pharmacy at firthpark to pick my daughters contraceptive pill up she waited 30 mins the pharmacist came out said could she have a word in side room and told her she couldn’t give the prescription because it was against her religious beliefs and recommended another pharmacy near by .Lloyd’s says it’s fine with this but me I think it’s wrong .

With all due respect I think this story is made up.