Spec of my computer

im thinking of selling my pc,some one has asked me to run some programme that tells you the entire spec of it,does any one know what the software is called. hope that makes sense.

sisoft sandra is good for stuff like that and it's free.

Start -> Run -> type "dxdiag" (no quotes). If your machine has a recent version of directX it should give you pretty much everything you need.

you could try: (on M.e, not sure about XP)

click "Start/settings/control panel/ double click on "System", the first page tells you what cpu/chip you have and the amount of ram installed. Select the device manager tab, double click display adapters, this should tell you the graphics card. Close all windows, then:

Double click "my computer" (usually found on your desktop), right mouse click once, or hover over local disc © presuming you only have one hard drive installed, this tells you your hd capacity.

When selling a pc, people usually want to know these things and the operating system installed, plus all other bits and bobs you maybe selling, ie, speakers, keyboard, monitor, etc,etc..

hope this info helps. :thumbsup:

edit:- ninjatoons response is easier tho!!

Failing that Belarc Advisor will give you a full audit of your machine including software - free for personal use

Start -> Run -> type "dxdiag" (no quotes). If your machine has a recent version of directX it should give you pretty much everything you need.

ninja toons got it, tells you most stuff, included some junk on graphics card

sisoft sandra is good for stuff like that and it's free.

Yeah, I've used that often, I'd recommend it.

You could always (and I appreciate not many people can handle doing this, it's JUST a suggestion) install Windows Vista Beta 2.

If Vista will install on your machine, it has it's own built in performance measuring system and gives you a simple numerical read-out on what is fast and what is slow in your computer.

You could always (and I appreciate not many people can handle doing this, it's JUST a suggestion) install Windows Vista Beta 2.

If Vista will install on your machine, it has it's own built in performance measuring system and gives you a simple numerical read-out on what is fast and what is slow in your computer.

Thts just toooooooooooo drastic lol :loopy: :loopy: