Are Painkillers And Bpressure Tablets Causing My Ibs.?

I have suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome for years now.This causes cramps and pain in the bowel every day. After talking to other people who are on these drugs I found that every person was suffering from IBS. Now I am going to slowly come off them but am dubious about cutting out tablets for high blood pressure . Does anyone else on sf suffer from IBS who is also on these tablets ?

Hi Pat, 

I'm on painkillers and tablets for high blood pressure but they don't affect me at all.

Have you discussed coming off the blood pressure tablets with your doctor ?

No I haven’t discussed coming off blood pressure tablets but have decided to stay on them because it would be dangerous to come off them . Want to try and get off the painkillers though. I take Tramadol . What are the name of your painkillers Francy ?

I take 8  dispersible Paracetamol tablets and  8  Codeine Phosphate tablets a day.

Often these are nowhere near strong enough but I cannot take anything  Morphine based.

1 minute ago, francypants said:

I take 8  dispersible Paracetamol tablets and  8  Codeine Phosphate tablets a day.

Often these are nowhere near strong enough but I cannot take anything  Morphine based.

Do you take the Paracetamol at the same time as the Codeine ? There is a tablet you can buy with them both combined called Paracodol. However you cannot take this longer than four days as Codeine is addictive. How does a morphine based tablet affect you ?

I used to take a combined tablet but then I could only take 8 tablets in a day, which were nowhere near enough.

My doctor suggested taking separate tablets, upped the strength of them and alternating the tablets so that I could take 2 tablets every 2 hours.   Yes Codeine is addictive but I've been on them now for over 20 years.

Morphine based medicine makes me terribly sick.

That’s interesting. I might ask my doctor to put me on what you are on.I can try it can't I ?

Where is you pain ? Mine is in the middle of my back.

Anything's worth a try when it comes to pain.   

Mine is lower back which then causes sciatica in my legs.

Arthritis in my left shoulder, knees, finger joints and knuckles.

It's no fun getting older.      😏

2 minutes ago, francypants said:

Anything's worth a try when it comes to pain.   

Mine is lower back which then causes sciatica in my legs.

Arthritis in my left shoulder, knees, finger joints and knuckles.

It's no fun getting older.      😏

So sorry francy. You’re really suffering aren’t you ?

Yes !!       🤣

You are too.

Edited by francypants

Thank you. I also had sciatica at one time but it  was cured by Accupuncture. Still got middle back pain caused by the nursing of patients . (Lifting)

20 minutes ago, francypants said:

Yes !!       🤣

You are too.

And the rest of us  😫.