Bournemouth Vs Blades

15 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Bit different when your team are PREMIER LEAGUE. Every point is massive In this league, so I will be celebrating draws all day long!.

You don't have to take the effort to type in capitals for my benefit, I despise the Premier League.

On 12/08/2019 at 13:33, barry-333 said:

I will take it as a 1-1 win.   Robinson looks good, certain to score plenty

Tense first Premiership match and pleased that the defenders are still getting well forward and very calm under pressure as per usual

Onwards and upwards UTB 

Yes first match in the prem away from home we were all wondering what we would be up against .It is a giant step up from the Championship and perhaps we will face tougher matches but the way the team went about playing this match was for me the best part .The self belief was evident from the kick off not once did they show any negativity in fact when they went a goal behind they seemed to grow in stature ending the match with three strikers on the pitch.You knew in a funny sort of way that we would score to level it up it was on the cards from the kick off that we would get on the score sheet.Also it must be said that most Blades were surprised to see Lundstram in the starting line up who would of thought that he would be in the team?But he did himself proud playing the best match of his Blades career to date.Just shows you not to question Wilders decisions he always seems to get it right.

On 12/08/2019 at 16:17, Brooker11 said:

So you can celebrate a draw when its a little against the odds then?

The difference is we were playing with three at the back not eleven.

7 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Yes first match in the prem away from home we were all wondering what we would be up against .It is a giant step up from the Championship and perhaps we will face tougher matches but the way the team went about playing this match was for me the best part .The self belief was evident from the kick off not once did they show any negativity in fact when they went a goal behind they seemed to grow in stature ending the match with three strikers on the pitch.You knew in a funny sort of way that we would score to level it up it was on the cards from the kick off that we would get on the score sheet.Also it must be said that most Blades were surprised to see Lundstram in the starting line up who would of thought that he would be in the team?But he did himself proud playing the best match of his Blades career to date.Just shows you not to question Wilders decisions he always seems to get it right.

I was quite surprised how many fans were slating his team selection before the game, he's proved time and again that mostly the players he picks will do him a job.

Just now, petcharlie said:

The difference is we were playing with three at the back not eleven.

Ten, we had one sent off.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

I was quite surprised how many fans were slating his team selection before the game, he's proved time and again that mostly the players he picks will do him a job.

Me to I would not say I slated him but I was wondering why Lundstram was playing after all the new mid fielders we had.I have learned to accept his sometimes strange decisions because he usually gets it right.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Ten, we had one sent off.

You were playing with eleven at the back BEFORE you had one sent off.Can honestly say the next time Wilder plays in a negative way will be the first.I suppose it was a complement the way your team played against us I thought we were just a pub team who would not last two seasons in the Championship.Mind you your fans were right we only lasted two seasons😂

Sorry but United were awful and very lucky to not end up 3/4 down.

wilder and United were lucky with a lot of decisions going there way last year. Give it a few games and wilder will get found out and will revert back to lump it long hit and hope. Players not good enough to sustain any sort of challenge and for those saying the prem is a different beast your wrong. There’s a handful of teams who are a class apart but the rest are only as good as most championship teams. United are having a Roy of the Rovers moment and the bubble will burst spectacularly. Enjoy it while you can.

55 minutes ago, web1 said:

wilder and United were lucky with a lot of decisions going there way last year. Give it a few games and wilder will get found out and will revert back to lump it long hit and hope. Players not good enough to sustain any sort of challenge and for those saying the prem is a different beast your wrong. There’s a handful of teams who are a class apart but the rest are only as good as most championship teams. United are having a Roy of the Rovers moment and the bubble will burst spectacularly. Enjoy it while you can.

You don't go up in second spot (with that only being decided on the final day of the season, we could still have taken top spot) because of "luck" Webbo.

And when did we ever play "lump it long, hit and hope" since Chris Wilder arrived?  We had a great first season back in the Championship, and an even better one in the second.  We had the most clean sheets and also scored more goals than just about anyone else in the league.   Billy Sharp was our top scorer, 20+ goals, never going to be the tallest player on the pitch, and certainly not one that you "lump" it to. 

As for "Wilder will get found out", you can't be serious, a manager who has had nothing but success since he was managing in the Meadowhall Sunday League, right the way through to the Premiership, a manager who has never been sacked, pretty rare in the EPL/EFL.  

We have brought top flight football back to Sheffield after 12 long years, surely that is a good thing.  And if our "bubble" bursts, well that's life, we just take a deep breath, pick up the parachute payments, and go again.

Sour grapes aren't your usual style, so I will assume that the excessive amount of rain we are having, is making you fed up!

2 hours ago, web1 said:

That's a shocker. 😂 

Ian Wright picked out utd as the performance of the week,and paid them some hefty compliments

Posted (edited)
On 12/08/2019 at 12:24, Brooker11 said:

Sounds good when you say it like that, when you state the facts it looks very different, the Owls were in poor form, had loads of players out injured, had a manager who'd been in the job 4 days, were up against a team who were flying and who 99% of fans expected to win the game by a good margin, we also when down to 10 men and could have won it with Reach's shot late on,  thats the reason there was relief and a celebration at the end. You called it a 0-0 win can we call yours a 1-1 win due to the wild celebrations.

The wind, rain, sun ,moon, Ref all againstWednesday that night.  At least United had a go last Saturday 

Edited by Ridgewalk
.:.

18 hours ago, web1 said:

LOL