Bournemouth Vs Blades

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Wilder definitely is! Ran on the pitch at full time to celebrate with the players.

Great to get a point, dont want Man City and Liverpool pulling too far clear :hihi::hihi::hihi:.

I love this 🤣Really satisfied with a point but we should have won after listening to the radio .Henderson only had  one save to make apart from the goal but the other goalie was kept busy.Yes more than satisfied.That little fat man strikes again.

4 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I love this 🤣Really satisfied with a point but we should have won after listening to the radio .Henderson only had  one save to make apart from the goal but the other goalie was kept busy.Yes more than satisfied.That little fat man strikes again.

Good point Pet.. just a quick mention.. F W, made headlines couple of weeks ago, won their 1st match in 73 attempts.

Played well to day only lost 2-0.

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Well Vile are winning

They lost though

Something united didn't 

I think there are lots of positives from today, look at Norwich and how they adapted to the premier league

1 hour ago, rogets said:

They lost though

Something united didn't 

I think there are lots of positives from today, look at Norwich and how they adapted to the premier league

Norwich lost 4-1, I wouldn't say adapted well plus there's no telling how a promoted team will fare after 1 game. At least it wasn't a defeat to start with so something to build on

To be honest if w’ed lost 0-1 to Bournemouth that would have been worse than Naarich losing 4-1 to Liverpool. I see Bmuff as a relegation rival, as I do Burnley and Brighton who both had big wind.

A bit negative I know.

United are the first team to draw at Bournemouth this season. Well done Blades!

I hope Brian Deane was there.😂

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

United are the first team to draw at Bournemouth this season. Well done Blades!

I hope Brian Deane was there.😂

Great result to go to a Bournemouth team who are unbeaten all season and come away with a point! 

Edited by Moistened

The first half was a little tentative, but then again they are going to be aren't they. We know the dangers of top flight teams and we knew the dangers in particular of the likes of Wilson and King.

The two back rows were a different class for us. The back three were solid and didn't bow down to WIlson or King, and the midfield to disciplined in breaking down play, both through the middle and down the flanks.

I dont think even of us can gramble about the goals conceded, both had a little bit of luck with them. I am over the moon though with the lack of fear that we had in stepping it up a gear. We knew that we deserved something from the game and knew that we could get something, so we digged in and went at them.

A quality point on the road. Disciplined performances like that will deliver singular points, it is the second half performance that will deliver 3 points from games.

At this level, it may well take us 20 minutes to adjust to the opposition and we may well have to get used to attacking mainly in the second half (especially on the road).

Exciting teams though! 

Chris Wilder - "we're here to compete, not here to make up the numbers. As always, I want my team to win games of football. We won't win them all, but I dont like losing, so if we do lose, I want us to lose trying to win"

Posted (edited)

Get the ball to Billy Sharp, in and around the box, only one result.

Thought we created some great chances.  I think we will see different line ups for the next half dozen games, while CW and AK decide on which combinations work best.

It's been 12 long years, but we are back.

Edited by Grappler

10 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Get the ball to Billy Sharp, in and around the box, only one result.

Thought we created some great chances.  I think we will see different line ups for the next half dozen games, while CW and AK decide on which combinations work best.

It's been 12 long years, but we are back.

Yes we have to be happy with that but it was the way we went about the game that pleased me most.No fear and I think Wilder was right playing the old guard it showed the new guys what we are about.Never say die attitude as usual and at the end playing with three strikers throwing caution to the wind.Bournemouth in the end had to let one in just like teams did last year but there are tougher games ahead as we all know but I think we are not going to be a push over like some think we will be.The top six though are a in a league of their own but as long as we pick up points against the more down to earth teams I think we will be OK.A good start and a good performance more than happy with that.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Adrin Durham was watching Match of the day ?You know the guy with the big mouth and small brain.I wonder if he heard what Shearer and Wright had to say about the way the Blades played and Shearers praise for our little fat man?and how he pointed out NO ONE has scored more goals than our Billy since 2005.Of course Durham has more idea than Shearer and Wright they do not know anything about scoring goals compared to Durham do they.

Shearer could not believe what he was seeing when noticing our half backs popping up on the forward line in free play but us Blades are used to seeing it regular .I remember Leeds last year scratching their heads after one of them (Basham) running on to sink them with a tremendous finish at their place.Well done Billy for shutting that guys mouth. You have proved them wrong once again just keep on doing what comes naturally to you Billy SCORING GOALS.

Edited by petcharlie

Goalscorers don't lose that knack, keep supplying him with chances and he'll get some goals. Hopefully the same can be said Rhodes though I'm not so sure about that