Mp For The Hillsborough/Wisewood/Wadsley Area Of S6

Can anyone tell me the name and contact details for the MP who represents the Hillsborough/Wisewood/Wadsley areas of Sheffield 6?  I've just looked online in an attempt to find this info ...  and it's all very confusing and contradictory! Is it a woman called Gill Furniss? Has anyone ever raised issues with the local MP and if so, did you find this MP to be helpful?  I'd really appreciate any advice and info on this, because I'm currently trying to sort out a serious housing issue for my 81 year old severely disabled mum ….but  I'm getting absolutely nowhere in my attempts to deal with Sheffield Council or with my old mum's Social Housing provider

Thanks Blue Day. I really appreciate your quick reply.

Unfortunately we’re lumped in with Sheffield Brightside these days and are one of the poorest constituencies in the UK.  Lowest wages, poorest health and education........may I ask who voted for that.

Took her four months to answer an e-mail I sent to her.

be thankful you don't have no representation like those of us in the nearby Hallam constituency

4 hours ago, chris101 said:

Did you ring her office?

All MP’s offices have public phone numbers and staff to deal with constituency matters.

4 hours ago, chris101 said:

Some MP's get upward of 20 000 e-mails a week. 

If read at all it, they will rarely be read by the MP themselves.

Filters are commonly used in various ways.

Don't capitalize or use colour or use bad language if when quoted

Use only short titles with keyword and full postcode.

Always add full name, address, phone.

Better still use your councillors first as very often the will end up dealing with it anyway

Going to the trouble of writing a letter or attending a surgery will increase your chances.

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Did you ring her office?

All MP’s offices have public phone numbers and staff to deal with constituency matters.

Top cat it should not be necessary to ring because they have not replied - staff will read or not these emails

Annie it is a basic principal of customer service that if you offer a means of communication you should have the resources to respond

52 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

Top cat it should not be necessary to ring because they have not replied - staff will read or not these emails

Annie it is a basic principal of customer service that if you offer a means of communication you should have the resources to respond

Yes, but there is a hierarchy of response based on how important a query is seen as.

An e-mail is seen as of less importance than someone picking up the phone and speaking directly. I’m not saying that the e-mail shouldn’t have been replied to sooner, I’m saying that from your point of view, if you wanted a quicker response, a phone call would be a better way to do it. 

I have had to call on Gill Furniss for help a couple of times and got what I needed fairly quickly.