White Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Black Man Through Streets On Rope

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Because it is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about..

Can you explain how you find a black man being led by a horse with a rope funny?

It is absolutely relevant. You can't propose an exception from law without discussing consequences.

And yes, seeing police officer with a cowboy hat, on a horse, leading a criminal (any, not just black), tied by a rope, would evoke a western movie scene to me - not quite funny, slightly amusing at most, chuckle-worthy to me :)

Edited by Branyy

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

A policeman dragging a black person on a rope via horseback is not subjective in resemblance to slavery and/or the oppression of black americans.

I think it is. And even if it's not I still don't think it's the reason for abolishing "trained technique and best practice in some scenarios" selectively for certain race.

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Your comparison with jewish people is also flawed - a meaningful comparison would be making jewish prisoners wear uniforms which directly resemble those in concentration camps - which there would also rightly be called into question. Suggesting that anyone wearing a prison uniform is mimicking the holocaust is wrong.

What if it's just slight resemblance? Mandatory for all prisoners, not just jews, of course. And what about the native Americans?

Again, where do you draw the line?

27 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I think it is. And even if it's not I still don't think it's the reason for abolishing "trained technique and best practice in some scenarios" selectively for certain race.

What if it's just slight resemblance? Mandatory for all prisoners, not just jews, of course. And what about the native Americans?

Again, where do you draw the line?

You draw the line when it mimics slavery, you can throw in as much whataboutery as you like, but you still cant alter the fact that the police acknowledged it was wrong and apologised

9 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

You draw the line when it mimics slavery, you can throw in as much whataboutery as you like, but you still cant alter the fact that the police acknowledged it was wrong and apologised

It's not whataboutism, I'm pointing to a direct consequences of your vaguely defined rule. But I feel we reached the end of discussion since you won't acknowledge that.

Btw, I don't think that clear reason why it was wrong has been stated in the apology other than the perception didn't look good. Which goes back to my point - police practice should be selected by efficiency, regardless of race or subjective perception.

Edited by Branyy

3 minutes ago, Branyy said:

It's not whataboutism, I'm pointing to a direct consequences of your vaguely defined rule. But I feel we reached the end of discussion since you won't acknowledge that.

Btw, I don't think that clear reason why it was wrong has been stated in the apology other than the perception didn't look good. Which goes back to my point - police practice should be selected by efficiency, regardless of race or subjective perception.

And it didn't look good because it mimicked slavery.. which proves my point perfectly

41 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

And it didn't look good because it mimicked slavery.. which proves my point perfectly

He didn't say that. 

Edited by Branyy

6 minutes ago, Branyy said:

He didn't say that. 

But that was the reason...

2 hours ago, Branyy said:

Utter rubbish. It would be more efficient for the police to fatally shoot criminals on sight.  But by and large they don't.

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Utter rubbish. It would be more efficient for the police to fatally shoot criminals on sight.  But by and large they don't.

I advise you to read police efficiency reports and learn what it actually means.

2 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I advise you to read police efficiency reports and learn what it actually means.

I advise you to read up on the history of racism in America and stop making excuses for it.

47 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I advise you to read up on the history of racism in America and stop making excuses for it.

I did read about it. I've never made excuse for it.

Are you drunk right now Halibut? Your few last posts sound extraordinarily incoherent.

Edited by Branyy

8 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

What a thoroughly naïve interpretation  and totally wrong, version of American history.

When you were studying the politics of the USA did you miss the paragraph on why 'The South' overwhelmingly voted Democrat between the 1860s up until the 1970s?  Did you ever think why Klan  members voted fo Kennedy?

Simple answer: the other choice was called the Republican Party and led the Generals and Abolitionists who had defeated The South militarily, economically, ideologically and in that process had stripped them of their way of life.

These Southern Democrats defended the white landowners and were totally opposed to Kennedy/Johnston reforms and rights program.

In the face of these reforms the Southern Democrats "flipped" to the their enemy's enemy.

I'm sorry you were sold a myth Annie. Let's listen to Carol Swain, Professor of Political Science and Law at Vanderbilt University .  There was never a flip. The modern democrats are just as obsessed with race as at any time in history.  They are the party of slavery after all.

And for anyone who wants to watch another great video from her....

If you dislike it you must be racist. those are the lefty rules right?