White Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Black Man Through Streets On Rope

7 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Unfortunately, they will never be. But at least we are the same in the eyes of law, aren't we?

I very much doubt it..

11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I very much doubt it..

Then we should work on it. And one of the steps would be to use the same treatment for criminals of all races.

5 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Then we should work on it. And one of the steps would be to use the same treatment for criminals of all races.

Not when it mimics slavery we shouldn't

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Not when it mimics slavery we shouldn't

I disagree.

Putting jew criminals into prison uniforms might resemble holocaust to someone. Where do you want to draw the line?

Acknowledge the past but ensure equal treatment for everyone in the present.

Edited by Branyy

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I disagree.

Putting jew criminals into prison uniforms might resemble holocaust to someone. Where do you want to draw the line?

Acknowledge the past but ensure equal treatment for everyone in the present.

I agree, equal treatment for everyone that does not mimic slavery, when it mimics slavery it has to be stopped, as in this case they acknowledged that and apologised for it

44 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I agree, equal treatment for everyone that does not mimic slavery, when it mimics slavery it has to be stopped, as in this case they acknowledged that and apologised for it

I still disagree - resemblance to slavery is highly subjective. Also, why just slavery? As I've suggested above - why didn't you include mimicking of holocaust? What about arresting of native americans? That would always mimic the conquest of them.

4 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I never thought about it that way at least the prisoner was brought to justice unharmed and hopefully given a fair trial 

To be honest, even if it was a white man it doesn't look good, what a derogatory way to arrest someone,  don't you look at it and feel it isn't right?  And this from the county that sees itself as the worlds policemen

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

To be honest, even if it was a white man it doesn't look good, what a derogatory way to arrest someone,  don't you look at it and feel it isn't right?  And this from the county that sees itself as the worlds policemen

If I saw that in person, I would view it as a resemblance to a western movie and probably chuckle, to be honest. But again, I'm not an expert on mounted police maneuvers :)

5 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I still disagree - resemblance to slavery is highly subjective. Also, why just slavery? As I've suggested above - why didn't you include mimicking of holocaust? What about arresting of native americans? That would always mimic the conquest of them.

Because we are not talking about the holocaust or the Indians are we, 

2 minutes ago, Branyy said:

If I saw that in person, I would view it as a resemblance to a western movie and probably chuckle, to be honest. But again, I'm not an expert on mounted police maneuvers :)

Chuckle? Then you have seriously something wrong..

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Because we are not talking about the holocaust or the Indians are we,

But you're trying to set conditions for exceptions from equality. And I'm just proposing consequences of your logic.

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Chuckle? Then you have seriously something wrong..

Sense of humor is also very subjective :)

20 minutes ago, Branyy said:

But you're trying to set conditions for exceptions from equality. And I'm just proposing consequences of your logic.

Sense of humor is also very subjective :)

Because it is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about..

Can you explain how you find a black man being led by a horse with a rope funny?

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, Branyy said:

A policeman dragging a black person on a rope via horseback is not subjective in resemblance to slavery and/or the oppression of black americans.

Your comparison with jewish people is also flawed - a meaningful comparison would be making jewish prisoners wear uniforms which directly resemble those in concentration camps - which there would also rightly be called into question. Suggesting that anyone wearing a prison uniform is mimicking the holocaust is wrong.