White Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Black Man Through Streets On Rope

Or the title could read...

Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Man Through Streets On Rope

Agreed, it would have been better for them to radio for a police car for the man that broke the law.  He isn't being lead like a slave, he's being lead like a prisoner in custody. Your imagination is turning it into a slavery scenario. I don't think it's right what they did but it looks like another example of the media turning petty news into a race/colour issue.

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

If you look at this from the, "it's what we do, best practice" point of view it's ok. If you look at it from the,  "poor coloured man, handled like a slave" point of view, then it's not right. All depends which bed you lay in.

Angel1.

what you mean is...if youre a dirty right wing racist bigot, then its ok

11 minutes ago, zach said:

Or the title could read...

Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Man Through Streets On Rope

Agreed, it would have been better for them to radio for a police car for the man that broke the law.  He isn't being lead like a slave, he's being lead like a prisoner in custody. Your imagination is turning it into a slavery scenario. I don't think it's right what they did but it looks like another example of the media turning petty news into a race/colour issue.

because its not that long ago blacks were being lead by ropes on horseback in the US...and hung on trees, maybe we could bring that back too?

18 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

If you look at this from the, "it's what we do, best practice" point of view it's ok. If you look at it from the,  "poor coloured man, handled like a slave" point of view, then it's not right. All depends which bed you lay in.

Angel1.

Best practice is take them to a place where they can be transferred to a vehicle. Best practice is not parade them through the streets. Let's be clear - the police chief said they acted inappropriately, to claim they were following best practice despite that is ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, altus said:

"Best practice in some scenarios" is not the same thing as always appropriate. It's not difficult to see that where a suspect has been chased across ground that is inaccessible to motor vehicles that this would be an appropriate technique for taking the suspect to a road where they could be transferred to a vehicle. Parading them through town is not appropriate. The full quote from the article that you omitted most of acknowledges this:

I agree, but why exactly do you think it wasn't appropriate here? They didn't have the transport ready at the time.

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

because its not that long ago blacks were being lead by ropes on horseback in the US...and hung on trees, maybe we could bring that back too?

But it's NOT the case here. He's a bloke that broke the law, was arrested and stupidly tied up behind a horse instead of being transported in an appropriate vehicle.

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If you mean that such practice isn't appropriate mainly because of the skin color of the arrested man, then you're the racist here.

1 minute ago, zach said:

But it's NOT the case here. He's a bloke that broke the law, was arrested and stupidly tied up behind a horse instead of being transported in an appropriate vehicle.

innocent until proven guilty? punishing him before hes even got to the station, let alone found guilty is exactly how i stated, and finally you mention...appropriate vehicle, been pulled behind a horse is not that

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

innocent until proven guilty? punishing him before hes even got to the station, let alone found guilty is exactly how i stated, and finally you mention...appropriate vehicle, been pulled behind a horse is not that

Did you even read what I put?

6 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I agree, but why exactly do you think it wasn't appropriate here? They didn't have the transport ready at the time.

As the police chief said, they could have waited.

2 minutes ago, zach said:

Did you even read what I put?

yes, it was ********

1 minute ago, altus said:

As the police chief said, they could have waited.

Sure, could have, they didn't and used some other technique. End of story. Why do some people have to make a racial issue out of it?

7 minutes ago, Branyy said:

If you mean that such practice isn't appropriate mainly because of the skin color of the arrested man, then you're the racist here.

well done for doing the age old SF trick, when youre losing the aguement turn it around and pile it onto the other debater ;)