White Cops On Horseback Leads Handcuffed Black Man Through Streets On Rope

I'm sure President Trump would give his blessing to the practice. 

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

yeah but he is not a racist......sigh

Article mentions that "... this is a trained technique and best practice in some scenarios...". If the police routinely use this technique I don't see any issue with that. No need for black offenders to receive special treatment.

Edited by Branyy

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Article mentions that "... this is a trained technique and best practice in some scenarios...". If the police routinely use this technique I don't see any issue with that. No need for black offenders to receive special treatment.

If you can't see how wrong it is then I despair..

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Yeah, he probably called the Texas Governor to set it up. Gimme a break. 

12 hours ago, Branyy said:

shows how <removed> backwards they are and still living out their slavery and western past, use a car like normal people, its the 21st century

Edited by nikki-red

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

shows how <removed> backwards they are and still living out their slavery and western past, use a car like normal people, its the 21st century

Sure...

taunton-naked-man-blur.jpg

Edited by nikki-red

28 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Sure...

taunton-naked-man-blur.jpg

but they DONT lead people through the streets like slaves, horses here are generally for riot / crowd control

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

but they DONT lead people through the streets like slaves, horses here are generally for riot / crowd control

Maybe UK mounted cops are not trained for this, I don't know, I'm not an expert.

But the quote from the article states that leading people is "a trained technique and best practice in some scenarios".

16 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Maybe UK mounted cops are not trained for this, I don't know, I'm not an expert.

But the quote from the article states that leading people is "a trained technique and best practice in some scenarios".

"Best practice in some scenarios" is not the same thing as always appropriate. It's not difficult to see that where a suspect has been chased across ground that is inaccessible to motor vehicles that this would be an appropriate technique for taking the suspect to a road where they could be transferred to a vehicle. Parading them through town is not appropriate. The full quote from the article that you omitted most of acknowledges this:

‘Although this is a trained technique and best practice in some scenarios, I believe our officers showed poor judgement in this instance and could have waited for a transport unit at the location of the arrest.’

If you look at this from the, "it's what we do, best practice" point of view it's ok. If you look at it from the,  "poor coloured man, handled like a slave" point of view, then it's not right. All depends which bed you lay in.

Angel1.