Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

7 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

There is such a thing as free range pork.  Many decent suppliers are keen to promote and label this.

i buy free range eggs, BUT there is a belief than some unscrupoulous farmers disguise battery farmed as free range. at the end of the day free range is also a small aspect of the meat industry and those that have an issue with halal will not care one jot where their actual meat comes from or how its treated as long as its not halal

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

i buy free range eggs, BUT there is a belief than some unscrupoulous farmers disguise battery farmed as free range. at the end of the day free range is also a small aspect of the meat industry and those that have an issue with halal will not care one jot where their actual meat comes from or how its treated as long as its not halal

I care 😀

Guest makapaka
42 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Fudd here, hope you have not had to wait too long.

Here is a choice for you to make IF YOU ARE A MEAT EATER.

A

Animal taken from farm to slaughterhouse.

1) Animal is ushered into slaughterhouse, where no doubt it senses death.

2) Kept in a holding pen, until its time has come, no doubt it smells death.

3) Animal is prodded into killing clamp. Now it knows death is near.

4) Clamp turns upside down while some "holy man" is babbling religious verses.

5) "Holy man"  severs the carotid artery, jugular vein and windpipe . Animal knows it is near death.

6) Animal bleeds to death, eventually.

B

1) Angel1 stalks up to feeding deer/rabbit.

2) Angel1 knows his craft and takes the shot without the animal been aware of his presence.

3) Animal falls to shot, death is near enough instantanious.

4) Angel1 grallochs deer or paunches the rabbit.

5) Angel1 puts deer and rabbit in his freezer on his return home.

Here is your choice, which animal has had the "best" death possible, A or B.

That's why I have no need to apologise for my lifelong hobby, if you will.

Angel1.

Your mask slipped again for A4 and A5.

5 hours ago, melthebell said:

I know, i was just stating in the context of this thread...it is cruelty free, but then if we want to go deeper obviously there is cruelty involved further down the line. The arguement about halal is completely inane if you still eat meat. Its cruel, barbaric in any form of "humane" killing, animals are still sentinent, feel pain, fear pain, smell fear.

The whole point of stunning is so they don't feel pain. Farmed animals are used to being moved and put in a pen, even those reared on a small scale rather than mass farmed.  For example, how do you think they treat sheep so their fleece is clean and their tails are clean so they are not eaten alive by maggots?  Some flies lay eggs that will eat live, healthy flesh. I didn't believe this until it happened to one of my cockerels who had only a tiny bit of poop on his rear end. Farmers have various dips for their sheep so they are penned prior to treatment.  Cows are often checked for TB etc, etc.

6 hours ago, Branyy said:

I care 😀

Do you eat meat?

7 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

What qualifies you to determine what is cruel or not when targetting shechita/halal.

I also find it incredulous that some on here are 'concerned' about the last few mins of an animals life, but not how that animal has been kept- usually in appalling conditions at factory farms.

In Islam, the animal's welfare is extremely important- read up on it instead of just ranting about methods of slaughter.

Even your favourite yummy pork- pigs, are raised in barren crates or pens at industrial-scale facilities without fresh air or sunlight. They live on hard, slatted floors that do not accommodate their natural urge to root!

But you don't make a fuss about that..

Joe Regenstein, professor of food science at Cornell University who leads the university’s Kosher and Halal Food Initiative says this:

“Many of those attacking religious slaughter have no clue as to what is happening.

It is more of an Islamophobic issue, not an animal well-being issue.” Compared to modern, secular methods of slaughter, , “the traditional or Prophetic method might actually be equal or possibly superior” because the initial pain of the throat cut results “in the animal releasing large quantities of endorphins, putting it in a state of euphoria and numbness”. The cut thus serves as its own stun. The scientific evidence against halal slaughter, Regenstein says, “is extremely weak and has often been done poorly with an agenda driving a desired outcome”.

And if you believe that unmitigated load of bilge, the yes, the moon is made of green cheese.

Angel1.

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

Your mask slipped again for A4 and A5.

Which part of A4 and A5 are not true statements. As an atheist I hold no truck for any "holy man" babbling rubbish, especially while committing barbaric acts on animals. 

Angel1

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Do you eat meat?

Yes.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

And if you believe that unmitigated load of bilge, the yes, the moon is made of green cheese.

Angel1.

Feel free to give your qualified view along with your credentials...in the meantime go shoot dead some animals.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Feel free to give your qualified view along with your credentials...in the meantime go shoot dead some animals.

In the meantime, we haven't heard any rational arguments for Halal and Shechita. 😉

18 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

"We're opposed to the slaughter of any animal without first ensuring it is rendered insensible to pain and distress. We therefore believe that all animals should be stunned prior to slaughter. Evidence clearly indicates that slaughter without pre-stunning can cause unnecessary suffering." 

"The Farm Animal Welfare Council (now Committee) (FAWC) report on the 'Welfare of Farmed Animals at Slaughter or Killing' June 2003 concluded:

• The level of restraint of conscious animals required for slaughter without pre-stunning was far greater than for conventional slaughter.
  • A large cut made across the neck of a conscious animal would result in very significant pain and distress before the animal loses consciousness (around 5 to 7 seconds for sheep, 22 to 40 seconds for adult cattle).
  • Slaughter without pre-stunning is unacceptable and that the Government should repeal the current exemption." 

On 06/08/2019 at 14:24, melthebell said:

Lol, some people will argue black is white in their blind islamophobia

Only half a dozen posts in and the Race card is out. :roll:

On 06/08/2019 at 15:40, Pettytom said:

Your simple position, has a simple solution.

Vegetarianism is cruelty free.  

Id rather die than go without meat .