Jump to content

Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

Recommended Posts

If anyone is really committed to minimising  animal cruelty they'd just stop eating animals - anything short of that is just arguing about the minutiae.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I suspect that they are the same people who are passive about child sex abuse but incandescent about child sex abuse when carried out by Pakistani men.

Exactly.

 

The same people on the other thread who somehow manage to bring Muslims into a thread about a homophobic bus driver.

8 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If anyone is really committed to minimising  animal cruelty they'd just stop eating animals - anything short of that is just arguing about the minutiae.

Absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Halibut said:

If anyone is really committed to minimising  animal cruelty they'd just stop eating animals - anything short of that is just arguing about the minutiae.

No. Absolutely irrelevant. I don't have  to be a vegetarian/vegan to be concerned about animal cruelty.

It's as stupid as claiming vegetarians/vegans don't have the right to criticize bad farming practice.

Edited by Branyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I suspect that they are the same people who are passive about child sex abuse but incandescent about child sex abuse when carried out by Pakistani men.

Well, if certain groups are over-represented in these actions they deserve some extra attention. Whether that is child abuse, animal cruelty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, makapaka said:

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said.

 

 But why are people passive about Uk slaughter rules but incandescent about halal slaughter rules?

What parts do you disagree with? 

 

I suspect some of it comes down to a) not understanding that the majority of halal slaughter uses stunning, and b) having an unrealistic view of how slaughterhouses operate generally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Branyy said:

Well, if certain groups are over-represented in these actions they deserve some extra attention. Whether that is child abuse, animal cruelty...

most peados and groomers are white and almost all are male

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

most peados and groomers are white and almost all are male

Do you have any source? I don't think I've ever seen some real numbers.

And still, this is certainly not true for subset of gang-related grooming.

Anyway, this is a discussion for another time, we should stay on topic.

Edited by Branyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Do you have any source? I don't think I've ever seen some real numbers.

And still, this is certainly not true for subset of gang-related grooming.

Anyway, this is a discussion for another time, we should stay on topic.

It's self evident. Most sexual abuse occurs within families, most is committed by men, the overwhelming majority of families are white in the UK, therefore the majority of sexual abuse is committed by white men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Halibut said:

It's self evident. Most sexual abuse occurs within families, most is committed by men, the overwhelming majority of families are white in the UK, therefore the majority of sexual abuse is committed by white men.

So you don't have any.

 

Any relevant comments on meat production and animal cruelty? 

Edited by Branyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Branyy said:

So you don't have any.

 

Any relevant comments on meat production and animal cruelty? 

Sure. You can't have large scale meat production without cruelty to animals. If you really care about animals, don't eat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Sure. You can't have large scale meat production without cruelty to animals. If you really care about animals, don't eat them.

That's false. And I've also given you counter example above.

And just for you, I'll add another one - Amputation will always cause trauma to the patients. So let's perform that without anesthesia because patients will suffer anyway.

Edited by Branyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Sure. You can't have large scale meat production without cruelty to animals. If you really care about animals, don't eat them.

What about dairy? Can you have that without animal cruelty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.