Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well given that there is no naturally occurring pig DNA in chicken, it can be assumed that the Halal chicken was free of pork before it was turned into nuggets.

If you take the finest Kobe beef, mince it, then add 1% of it to fat, salt monosodium glutamate and other fillers to make the world’s crappest beefburgers, does that make the original Kobe beef poor quality?

You are veering from the point. 

You claimed that from your experience, halal meat is of better quality than non halal meat. I asked why that would be the case, and you said that the 'meat' (by which I assume you mean the animals) selected for ritual slaughter were of a higher quality. I merely asked for some evidence to back up that belief, as I can't work out why that would be the case.. 

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

This just reinforces my original point.

It's cruel to kill animals.  If you eat meat you are advocating an element of suffering regardless of the method.

Therefore the faux outrage at Halal is really just veiled criticism of muslims - again.

It seems to me only you keep bringing "muslim" into the discussion. Why?. The post is about unstunned slaughter, not muslims per se.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka
31 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It seems to me only you keep bringing "muslim" into the discussion. Why?. The post is about unstunned slaughter, not muslims per se.

Angel1.

Says halal in the title.

14 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Says halal in the title.

Indeed it does, and Shechita as well, both abhorrent acts.

Angel1

5 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

That's no way how a Halal abattoir should operate- glad it has closed.

Certain etiquettes exist on how the animal should be treated- these guys clearly didn't bother.

However you can find plenty so called videos even non Halal slaughter houses. 

This is from one in Belgium- who want to ban Halal slaughter!

However you can find plenty so called videos even non Halal slaughter houses. 

ALL slaughterhouses, if not already, should have mandatory CCTV in operation that is checked by trained people.  I’m well aware that more needs to be done to improve  

non Halal slaughter houses to.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

why have you ignored any activity in any other slaughter house and focused on the activities in halal and shechita slaughter houses?

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

why have you ignored any activity in any other slaughter house and focused on the activities in halal and shechita slaughter houses?

Getting boring now,  because only Halal & Shechita persist with the backward abhorrent act of killing without stunning. As per the post title, it must be labelled so as to give the population the choice of choosing a backward abhorrent method of slaughter or indeed one where ALL ANIMALS slaughtered SHOULD be stunned before hand. Surely it is easy to understand.

Let me ask you this as a human, you have a choice before you are dispatched, you can have your throat slit and can struggle while watching your life blood draining away before your eyes. Or you can be stunned into unconsciousness before your throat is slit and you bleed to death. 

Which would you choose. As a human I would choose the latter, you would choose - 

Angel1.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Getting boring now,  because only Halal & Shechita persist with the backward abhorrent act of killing without stunning. As per the post title, it must be labelled so as to give the population the choice of choosing a backward abhorrent method of slaughter or indeed one where ALL ANIMALS slaughtered SHOULD be stunned before hand. Surely it is easy to understand.

Let me ask you this as a human, you have a choice before you are dispatched, you can have your throat slit and can struggle while watching your life blood draining away before your eyes. Or you can be stunned into unconsciousness before your throat is slit and you bleed to death. 

Which would you choose. As a human I would choose the latter, you would choose - 

Angel1.

I would choose neither.

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Educate yourself..

Halal just means permissible.

10 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I would choose neither.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. 

Yes, abattoirs can have abhorrent treatment of animals, both when they are stunned or not stunned. In a perfect world, no animal would suffer, but that isn't possible.  

I feel it is therefore our duty to minimise suffering wherever possible. It is not possible that the entire population is suddenly going to turn vegan, so whilst animals are still being killed for meat, we should make sure that it is done in the most humane way possible.  It has been demonstrated that animals that are not stunned prior to slaughter suffer more than animals that are stunned, and if that is the case, then it should not be allowed. 

Guest makapaka
12 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. 

Yes, abattoirs can have abhorrent treatment of animals, both when they are stunned or not stunned. In a perfect world, no animal would suffer, but that isn't possible.  

I feel it is therefore our duty to minimise suffering wherever possible. It is not possible that the entire population is suddenly going to turn vegan, so whilst animals are still being killed for meat, we should make sure that it is done in the most humane way possible.  It has been demonstrated that animals that are not stunned prior to slaughter suffer more than animals that are stunned, and if that is the case, then it should not be allowed. 

Why don’t we take animals to a warm shed in a forest - give them their favourite meal and a cuddle - then euthanise them after they fall asleep - that would be more humane.

neither of the current practices significantly reduce suffering and both are arguably inhumane.

people just like to make out that halal is some

abhorrent gore fest compared with other methods as it allows them to criticise other religions.

if anyone was genuinely bothered about the suffering of animals they would be vegetarian - I would respect someone’s opinion in that instance.

29 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why don’t we take animals to a warm shed in a forest - give them their favourite meal and a cuddle - then euthanise them after they fall asleep - that would be more humane.

neither of the current practices significantly reduce suffering and both are arguably inhumane.

people just like to make out that halal is some

abhorrent gore fest compared with other methods as it allows them to criticise other religions.

if anyone was genuinely bothered about the suffering of animals they would be vegetarian - I would respect someone’s opinion in that instance.

I am not criticising other religions. You will not be able to find a single post of mine in this thread where I have criticised Islam or Judaism, indeed of the two ritual practices I have more than once defended Islam, as halal meat is stunned pre slaughter in the vast majority of cases.

I care about animal welfare. Saying that because both cause suffering to animals there is no point trying to minimise suffering where possible is a nonsensical, and quite frankly quite cruel, argument. 

Edited by Robin-H