Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

44 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

And so do the vast majority of halal slaughterhouses. 

There are videos showing absolutely abhorrent abuse of animals in regular slaughterhouses too. 

Wasting your breath on this one.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No, because a "regular" slaughterhouse stuns before killing, which is what this post is all about after all, don't you agree.

Angel1.

?

Angel1.

But not the wabbits in the wood.

Yet that seems ok, in your book.

14 hours ago, Pettytom said:

But not the wabbits in the wood.

Yet that seems ok, in your book.

Yup, all fine in my book. Rabbit stew, mashed tatties, the food of the Gods. (So to speak). On a par with venison.

Angel1.

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Bet mine is healthier for you.

Angel1.

So, you’ve not heard of Rabbit Starvation then?

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

So, you’ve not heard of Rabbit Starvation then?

Venison will be on a par with Rabbit I would guess, very little fat on it, but delicious indeed.  The liver thinly sliced and lightly cooked knocks farmed animal liver into a cocked hat.

Angel1.

12 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Venison will be on a par with Rabbit I would guess, very little fat on it, but delicious indeed.  The liver thinly sliced and lightly cooked knocks farmed animal liver into a cocked hat.

Angel1.

Now, I do like a bit of venison.

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Now, I do like a bit of venison.

We do agree on something then.

Angel1

On 09/08/2019 at 19:17, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just a point of order, post title - 

Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

Take note of the title, especially the first two words. Shechita & Halal. Not one word in defence of Shechita slaughter, 8 pages in defence of Halal. Speaks volumes don't you think. Both abhorent acts, both should be banned as inhumane acts on animals.

Angel1.

•  

Might be because Shechita is different to halal in terms of stunning you see. Theres no stunning of game in the wild either and they don't die as fast as either shechita or halal, stunned or not.

But I'm sure that you will read into it your usual anti Islam stance...

2 hours ago, Obelix said:

Might be because Shechita is different to halal in terms of stunning you see. Theres no stunning of game in the wild either and they don't die as fast as either shechita or halal, stunned or not.

But I'm sure that you will read into it your usual anti Islam stance...

Another load of tripe, you must be a terrible marksman if your shot deer take longer to die than a throat slit unstunned cow.

I see only you referring to my abhorrence of Halal as  "your usual anti Islam stance" as I list with it Shechita, both acts from the dark ages, we have moved on, this is 2019 not 1719.  I have contacted my MP for the third time over unstunned slaughter, if I get the usual "Religious reason" by return I will no doubt be contacting her again, sooner than later. It must end.

Angel1.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Another load of tripe, you must be a terrible marksman if your shot deer take longer to die than a throat slit unstunned cow.

I see only you referring to my abhorrence of Halal as  "your usual anti Islam stance" as I list with it Shechita, both acts from the dark ages, we have moved on, this is 2019 not 1719.  I have contacted my MP for the third time over unstunned slaughter, if I get the usual "Religious reason" by return I will no doubt be contacting her again, sooner than later. It must end.

Angel1.

Well I wasnt going to call you out on it but you said that you were taking brain shots at deer earlier.

You are so wrong on that it's untrue - and if you are in fact shooting in such a cavalier fashion with so little disregard for your quarry you don't deserve to hold a firearms ticket. If you actually hunted deer, which from your comments I'm fairly certain now you don't you'd be aware of how long it can take to bleed out. It's slower than a sudden incision to the neck as the MAP doesnt fall anywhere near as fast.

13 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Islamic slaughter is in the dark ages I personally agree that it should be banned as animal cruelty but where can you draw the line? Chickens hung upside down on a conveyer belt to be beheaded and plucked and gutted is not exactly un cruel is it!!!! 

No it's not.

Under Islam it is necessary as it is also for Jews, to ensure blood is drained out of the animal.

Germs and bacteria etc form in blood.

Muslims are forbidden to consume blood or eat animals which are dead (before slaughter).

I often visit one particular store in Dewsbury which serves Halal meat to non Muslims- many of them happy to see cleaner meat and some comment on finding it tastier/healthier due to how it is cleansed.

As reminder majority of abatoirs serving a Halal offering, stun the animals.

It's the Jewish law that doesn't allow any stunning.