Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Generally meat selected for a specific purpose, such as ritual slaughter, is of a higher quality than the average, not least because meats of dubious origin are taken out of the equation.

I would rather eat a burger made from Halal mince than one sold on the street outside Bramall Lane or the DSA Arena.

Sometimes it is better to remain silent and let folk think you are daft, rather than post and prove it.

Angel1

36 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Generally meat selected for a specific purpose, such as ritual slaughter, is of a higher quality than the average, not least because meats of dubious origin are taken out of the equation.

I would rather eat a burger made from Halal mince than one sold on the street outside Bramall Lane or the DSA Arena.

Are you sure,

BACKYARD BUTCHERS 

Family filmed hacking up animal carcasses in their garden sparks hygiene probe by council

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7096028/animal-carcasses-hygiene-probe-dagenham/

59 minutes ago, retep said:

Are you sure,

BACKYARD BUTCHERS 

Family filmed hacking up animal carcasses in their garden sparks hygiene probe by council

Absolutely sure, given that I am very unlikely to eat anything butchered and cut up in someone’s backyard. 

On the other hand there have been many cases where street sold burgers have been found to be made with meat sourced from unregistered abattoirs run by criminal gangs some of whom include already dead animals most of which died of disease. I was talking to someone who ran a burger van about why so many uncooked burgers are just dumped after a public event and she said that they were usually defrosted and couldn’t be refrozen but the main reason was that they were so cheap that they weren’t worth the cost of the diesel to take them home! 😱

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I would like to see some evidence for that.

I wasn't aware that the animals selected for ritual slaughter came from specific farms of a superior quality than animals for standard slaughter. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Absolutely sure, given that I am very unlikely to eat anything butchered and cut up in someone’s backyard. 

On the other hand there have been many cases where street sold burgers have been found to be made with meat sourced from unregistered abattoirs run by criminal gangs some of whom include already dead animals most of which died of disease. I was talking to someone who ran a burger van about why so many uncooked burgers are just dumped after a public event and she said that they were usually defrosted and couldn’t be refrozen but the main reason was that they were so cheap that they weren’t worth the cost of the diesel to take them home! 😱

And meat labelled 'halal' or 'shechita' is guaranteed to be from a reputable and high quality abattoir whereas your standard meat isn't? Where is the evidence for this! 

I seem to remember reading halal chicken nuggets served in schools were tested and it was confirmed that they contained pig dna...

9 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I seem to remember reading halal chicken nuggets served in schools were tested and it was confirmed that they contained pig dna...

Chicken nuggets aren’t meat, they are meat-based products containing less than 50% chicken plus a load of filler and that is your branded chicken nuggets such as Mc D’s and KFC. Generic catering chicken nuggets for schools and takeaways, are more likely to contain 30% chicken or less.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Chicken nuggets aren’t meat, they are meat-based products containing less than 50% chicken plus a load of filler and that is your branded chicken nuggets such as Mc D’s and KFC. Generic catering chicken nuggets for schools and takeaways, are more likely to contain 30% chicken or less.

So only halal meat is of better quality, not halal meat based products. 

And the proof that animals that are ritually slaughtered are from farms that produce higher quality meat (higher welfare standards, better diet etc etc) than animals for standard slaughter? 

Edited by Robin-H

This factory has now been closed.  

Edited by hauxwell

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

That's no way how a Halal abattoir should operate- glad it has closed.

Certain etiquettes exist on how the animal should be treated- these guys clearly didn't bother.

However you can find plenty so called videos even non Halal slaughter houses. 

This is from one in Belgium- who want to ban Halal slaughter!

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Perhaps that's what TCH can taste..?

Guest makapaka

This just reinforces my original point.

It's cruel to kill animals.  If you eat meat you are advocating an element of suffering regardless of the method.

Therefore the faux outrage at Halal is really just veiled criticism of muslims - again.

22 hours ago, Robin-H said:

So only halal meat is of better quality, not halal meat based products. 

Well given that there is no naturally occurring pig DNA in chicken, it can be assumed that the Halal chicken was free of pork before it was turned into nuggets.

If you take the finest Kobe beef, mince it, then add 1% of it to fat, salt monosodium glutamate and other fillers to make the world’s crappest beefburgers, does that make the original Kobe beef poor quality?