Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

6 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I often visit one particular store in Dewsbury which serves Halal meat to non Muslims- many of them happy to see cleaner meat and some comment on finding it tastier/healthier due to how it is cleansed.

Putting aside  any animal welfare concerns for a moment, I have always found religiously slaughtered meat to be of much higher quality that the average meat sold in supermarkets (and some butchers)

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Putting aside  any animal welfare concerns for a moment, I have always found religiously slaughtered meat to be of much higher quality that the average meat sold in supermarkets (and some butchers)

Not that I've Eaten any meat for a few decades but.....animal welfare has been mentioned by Tv chefs stressed animals does affects a meats quality.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

A quote from the above.

" Vets say unstunned cattle take about 20 seconds (but up to 2 minutes) to lose consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds (but up to 20) and poultry seven or eight seconds, but all these times can be far longer.

Some European countries, most recently Denmark, have banned slaughter without pre-stunning. The RSPCA and British Veterinary Association are among the groups calling for an end to slaughter without pre-stunning – a move that would mean an end to religious exemptions from European and UK legislation on this element of slaughtering, and also, say campaigners, an end to unnecessary suffering.

Campaigners are urging the government to introduce clear labelling to say whether meat is slaughtered by halal methods – an issue which the European Union is already studying. Some Muslims warn that there must be an information campaign beforehand and those who are against any stunning question why, if labelling on the halal method is necessary, why is not for animals slaughtered in other ways, by captive-bolt gun, gassing, electrocution, drowning or "mis-stunning"

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

4 hours ago, Obelix said:

Well I wasnt going to call you out on it but you said that you were taking brain shots at deer earlier.

You are so wrong on that it's untrue - and if you are in fact shooting in such a cavalier fashion with so little disregard for your quarry you don't deserve to hold a firearms ticket. If you actually hunted deer, which from your comments I'm fairly certain now you don't you'd be aware of how long it can take to bleed out. It's slower than a sudden incision to the neck as the MAP doesnt fall anywhere near as fast.

To address your above post.

Never have I stated I head shot ANY species of deer. Provide the quote where I state I do. Otherwise I expect you to apologies immediately for this "  Well I wasnt going to call you out on it but you said that you were taking brain shots at deer earlier. "

I was part of a stalking syndicate in Scotland for many years, our Letting agent was Scottish Woodlands. Some of the Forests we shot over were, Barmark, Auchenhey, Drumhumphry Whiteside, Loch Crongart, Drumwhirn. I came over this while looking around our old shooting grounds. I was part of the working party who erected this, many happy memories here.  I remember as if it was yesterday shooting a Roe from this high seat, about 110 yds away, I marked 100 and 200 yds with sticks the day before to assist distance and accuracy of any shot taken. We had old well knackered caravans in the forests for overnight sleeping. But they are another story.

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2608529

Just to add, the inner forest road around Auchenhey was 3 miles round, its outer boundary must have been closer to 10.

I have also retained paperwork relating to the shooting over the mentioned forests, if you dispute my shooting credentials further I will scan and upload them, and watch you eat more humble pie.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

15 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

A quote from the above.

" Vets say unstunned cattle take about 20 seconds (but up to 2 minutes) to lose consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds (but up to 20) and poultry seven or eight seconds, but all these times can be far longer.

Some European countries, most recently Denmark, have banned slaughter without pre-stunning. The RSPCA and British Veterinary Association are among the groups calling for an end to slaughter without pre-stunning – a move that would mean an end to religious exemptions from European and UK legislation on this element of slaughtering, and also, say campaigners, an end to unnecessary suffering.

Campaigners are urging the government to introduce clear labelling to say whether meat is slaughtered by halal methods – an issue which the European Union is already studying. Some Muslims warn that there must be an information campaign beforehand and those who are against any stunning question why, if labelling on the halal method is necessary, why is not for animals slaughtered in other ways, by captive-bolt gun, gassing, electrocution, drowning or "mis-stunning"

Angel1

Yes  I know, I posted the link.

I also highlight the last sentence.

On 06/08/2019 at 14:50, Branyy said:

I've mentioned it several times regarding this topic - I have a big issue with UNNECESSARY cruelty.

Can you describe the circumstances where you feel animal cruelty is necessary?

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why would that be? 

On 08/08/2019 at 19:45, melthebell said:

no, what i said is completely true, what you posted is also true, but not generally affecting what i said.

you really will argue the toss and use anything as a tool, i NEVER said if you stop ALL meat, obviously the less meat eaten the more grain is then available to feed more people which isnt negated by what you just posted.

Don't strawman me, Mel. I've never claimed that meat production needs less resources. My point is that at the moment, we can't abandon meat consumption completely. Therefore, to feed the population (globally) we need to kill animals. And if we need to kill animals, the least cruel methods of killing are desirable.

12 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Meat is meat it tastes the same no matter how it died it may taste different due to the way it is reared but as for the way its slaughtered makes no difference at all to the taste..... 

Not true:

http://www.fao.org/3/x6909e/x6909e04.htm

9 hours ago, Halibut said:

Sure, see my reply above - if we establish that killing an animal is an act of cruelty, we need to act cruel to suppress population hunger.

Edited by Branyy

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, Halibut said:

When you kill it eat to eat it.

A few years ago Michael Gove said all slaughterhouses had to be fitted with CCTV so vets can monitor the conditions and welfare of the animals.  Which I fully agree with.  I wonder if that piece of legislation was made law?

All animals should be stunned before being killed. 

2 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Why would that be? 

Generally meat selected for a specific purpose, such as ritual slaughter, is of a higher quality than the average, not least because meats of dubious origin are taken out of the equation.

I would rather eat a burger made from Halal mince than one sold on the street outside Bramall Lane or the DSA Arena.