Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

Guest makapaka
56 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Nature would of course find a balance eventually, but there would be a lot of damage and harm to other wildlife in the meantime. 

There are a myriad of species in this country that exist in habitats that are created by humans, and need humans to maintain that habitat. If all humans disappeared, farmland would gradually turn back into woodland, and over time, many many species of plant or animal would be driven out. 

We humans generally don't want large-scale changes to the habitats and wildlife that exist in the UK (or other places) and so try to preserve things as they are. That requires human intervention, 

Yeah it’s kind of veering off topic now but your basically coming round to the fact that it’s just killing for convenience.

some people normalise this which is fine but it’s hypocritical to then vilify other similar practices.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Absolutely-would be an excellent approach.

They are already on their way

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yeah it’s kind of veering off topic now but your basically coming round to the fact that it’s just killing for convenience.

some people normalise this which is fine but it’s hypocritical to then vilify other similar practices.

It depends what you mean by convenience.

I would say that there is a need to cull deer populations (as an example) for the reasons that I've already linked to. Yes, if left to its own devices nature would find a new balance (eventually), but that would result in large alterations to habitats and the displacement or even local extinction of species. We want to preserve habitats and species, even if they have resulted from manufactured landscapes (e.g farmland, coppiced woodland, etc), and maintaining these habitats therefore requires human intervention. I wouldn't really describe that as just 'killing for convenience'. 

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I guess we could reintroduce some top predators and rebalance our food webs in that way. 

Wolves and lynx anyone?

would eat pretty much anything as long as it tasty and sustainable, dog farms?? cat farms?i have eaten dog in china and snake in hong kong so why not lynx and wolves???

4 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

would eat pretty much anything as long as it tasty and sustainable, dog farms?? cat farms?i have eaten dog in china and snake in hong kong so why not lynx and wolves???

That's interesting. I can only imagine the suffering the dog endured before it ended up on your plate. An RSPCA assured farm it won't have been, one with incredible cruelty it most likely would have been.

But at least you aren't banging on about halal slaughter and animal cruelty otherwise some people might think you're a big hypocrite.

On 06/08/2019 at 13:20, Borista336 said:

at least they have a chance of a painless death unlike the barbaric halal ritual because that is all it is a ritual and goes back to the dark ages like lots of things in that religion.

all meat should be labeled accordingly but in my opinion halal should be banned.

Ah.

9 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

That’s lovely to hear.

Had you bothered to read the other posts in the thread, you might have understood that I was suggesting lynx and wolves to eat the deer.

48 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

You've eaten dog in China but have a problem with halal slaughter? Hmm

17 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

i didnt know it at the time and i would want it to be humanely produced so why is that a problem?

Edited by Borista336

10 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

i didnt know it at the time and i would want it to be humanely produced so why is that a problem?

It would be incredibly unlikely if it was humanely produced. I am not aware of a single 'humane' dog farm, if such a thing exists. 

https://www.animalsasia.org/uk/our-work/cat-and-dog-welfare/facts-about-dog-meat-trade.html

"Dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes, many of them family pets still wearing their collars, are snatched from the streets and forced into tiny cages. Many suffer broken limbs as they are transported vast distances, without food or water.

When they finally arrive at the dog meat markets, injured, dehydrated and exhausted, they are forced to watch in terror as other dogs are bludgeoned to death or thrown still alive into boiling water to remove their skins." 

If you didn't know you were eating dog then fair enough I guess (although it probably indicates that you wouldn't be aware if you were eating halal meat either) 

Just a point of order, post title - 

Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

Take note of the title, especially the first two words. Shechita & Halal. Not one word in defence of Shechita slaughter, 8 pages in defence of Halal. Speaks volumes don't you think. Both abhorent acts, both should be banned as inhumane acts on animals.

Angel1.

•  

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

No it seems Borista336 has a problem with Islam, period.

Whats funny, is he and many others who are against Halal slaughter, don't stop to ask when biting into their chicken korma or lamb bhuna at their Indian restaurant or take away- which in my view 9 out of 10 times is Halal.

I have resisted posting this content, DO NOT WATCH IF YOU WILL BE OFFENDED AT CRUELTY TO ANIMALS. Here is the proof of animal abuse at best, torture at worst.

Second thoughts, I have removed it.

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1