Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

As per the topic, should all meats and all meat products containing Halal and Shechita slaughtered meats be labelled to allow people like myself who disagree with these methods, to be able to avoid their purchase.

I have indeed written to the Government on several occasions over the acts, but knitting fog would give better results.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As per the topic, should all meats and all meat products containing Halal and Shechita slaughtered meats be labelled to allow people like myself who disagree with these methods, to be able to avoid their purchase.

I have indeed written to the Government on several occasions over the acts, but knitting fog would give better results.

Angel1.

What would the labels say on non Halal products?

Electrocuted in the head and throat chainsawed?

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I think it would have to be more nuanced than that. 

I believe that the vast majority of halal meat in the UK is stunned before slaughter, (although to make them unconscious, and not kill them, and so is religiously acceptable). If the meat was labelled as halal, and people did not buy it because they thought that meant that the animal was conscious when it's throat was slit, they would be wrong the majority of the time. I don't think Shechita allows any pre stunning. 

Slaughterhouses should be regularly inspected and graded, and those grades put on the packaging, so that people can make informed choices. 

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

at least they have a chance of a painless death unlike the barbaric halal ritual because that is all it is a ritual and goes back to the dark ages like lots of things in that religion.

all meat should be labeled accordingly but in my opinion halal should be banned.

If you are so bothered about animal cruelty, I suggest that you avoid any intensively farmed meat. For example, cheap chicken, danish bacon etc.

I’m not so keen on Halal slaughter personally, but I’d prefer to eat a Halal free-range chicken  over an electrocuted battery one.

Well done to Angel for trying to turn a highly nuanced argument into something binary.

25 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Perhaps "slaughtered without using unnecessary violence" would be ok too.

24 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

at least they have a chance of a painless death unlike the barbaric halal ritual because that is all it is a ritual and goes back to the dark ages like lots of things in that religion.

all meat should be labeled accordingly but in my opinion halal should be banned.

In 88% of Halal slaughter the animals are stunned. 

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

In 88% of Halal slaughter the animals are stunned. 

Why not 100? (Btw, it's 84 %).

Also, it's still barbaric.

Edited by Branyy

Lol, some people will argue black is white in their blind islamophobia

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Lol, some people will argue black is white in their blind islamophobia

Topic is about Shechita and Halal, you should include more labels and buzzwords 😉

15 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Topic is about Shechita and Halal, you should include more labels and buzzwords 😉

If you really had an issue with animal welfare you wouldn't eat meat, that's the crux of it

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If you really had an issue with animal welfare you wouldn't eat meat, that's the crux of it

I've mentioned it several times regarding this topic - I have a big issue with UNNECESSARY cruelty.