A&e What An Horrific Sight

34 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

of course you are just listening to the spin and reading from sources who are allied to European hyperbole.

Not really, none of this is a secret... well, except to you ;)

34 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

meanwhile in reality??

... the NHS (and public services in general) will suffer from Brexit, not in any way benefit :?

The problem with that data is it is intended to mislead, EU migrant workers v British workers would give different figures, the average British citizen v the average EU migrant also generate completely different figures, but of course the average British citizen contribution drops because there are many non working British citizens in education, unemployed and retired !

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I’ve seen patients relatives bring a take a way in for them.! 

I've  used A&E once as an adult.  I collapsed on a Friday afternoon and was taken to The Northern General via ambulance.  This was 3 years ago.  I also witnessed relatives bring in takeaway food for patients.  I saw a nurse being punched by a female patient and security and the police attended promptly to deal with her.  She was vile!  I felt so sorry for the staff working there.  I was discharged at about 1 am I think.  It was an eye opener for me and I'm not naive.  The doctor and nurses were amazing in horrible conditions.  By the way I had not been drinking or taking drugs, just so you know lol.

9 minutes ago, Dales said:

I've  used A&E once as an adult.  I collapsed on a Friday afternoon and was taken to The Northern General via ambulance.  This was 3 years ago.  I also witnessed relatives bring in takeaway food for patients.  I saw a nurse being punched by a female patient and security and the police attended promptly to deal with her.  She was vile!  I felt so sorry for the staff working there.  I was discharged at about 1 am I think.  It was an eye opener for me and I'm not naive.  The doctor and nurses were amazing in horrible conditions.  By the way I had not been drinking or taking drugs, just so you know lol.

This is an ordinary day for A&E staff. They also have to wear disposable gloves when dealing with drug addicts and alcoholics. If these patients have an open wound that is bleeding they may also have aids. So when one of these patients spits at you or bites you on the nose you often have to have an aids test to clear yourself. Then they wonder why we are short of nurses !

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

This is an ordinary day for A&E staff. They also have to wear disposable gloves when dealing with drug addicts and alcoholics. If these patients have an open wound that is bleeding they may also have aids. So when one of these patients spits at you or bites you on the nose you often have to have an aids test to clear yourself. Then they wonder why we are short of nurses !

I know.  They deserve medals, they really do Pattricia!  It's not a job that I could do.  Actually I couldn't do it anyway as I hate the sight of blood.

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

The problem with that data is it is intended to mislead

Sounds more like it doesn't tally with your pre-conceived notions...

EU migrant workers v British workers would give different figures, the average British citizen v the average EU migrant also generate completely different figures

What do you think the figures from my link represent? :suspect:

Plenty of other studies out there, including the governments... they're not wildly dissimilar.

but of course the average British citizen contribution drops because there are many non working British citizens in education, unemployed and retired !

Irrelevant in terms of shortfall in public finances, those people would still not be working and contributing to them!

Edited by Magilla

How anybody can assault a nurse is totally beyond me, it should warrant a lengthy prison sentence.

Just shows what a violent society we now live in.

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

The problem with that data is it is intended to mislead, EU migrant workers v British workers would give different figures, the average British citizen v the average EU migrant also generate completely different figures, but of course the average British citizen contribution drops because there are many non working British citizens in education, unemployed and retired !

If someone claims EU migrants contribute more as a sub-group of taxpayers, and backs that claim with factual data which proves that EU migrants contribute more as a sub-group of taxpayers, then that claim is validated.

So how is it misleading, pray tell? 

That's the whole point of the argument: NHS is free for all at the point of delivery, Brits, EU and non-EU migrants alike, and contributors to public finances that fund the NHS are just that, UK taxpayers, whether British or EU or non-EU migrants workers (and there are significantly more British taxpayers than EU and non-EU taxpayers).

You don't have to accept facts that fly in the face of whatever prejudices you hold: you're perfectly entitled to maintain your prejudices. We'll just draw the obvious conclusions from it, is all.

5 hours ago, Borista336 said:

(...)

yes i do include them expats, including a member of my family who brings her daughter from europe to get dental and medical when needed, i have told them also in no uncertain terms, but they know its better , quicker and cheaper here.

So, have you shopped that family member?

Edited by L00b

51 minutes ago, Padders said:

How anybody can assault a nurse is totally beyond me, it should warrant a lengthy prison sentence.

Just shows what a violent society we now live in.

Totally agree Padders.  It was an awful thing to witness.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

Totally agree Padders.  It was an awful thing to witness.

Its not just happening in A&E tho, it happens on the wards every day.

7 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Its not just happening in A&E tho, it happens on the wards every day.

I can well imagine.  Sorry I wasn't intimating that it only happens in A&E.  My friend worked for years as a carer in a residential care home and she was assaulted quite a few times.

15 hours ago, L00b said:

So, have you shopped that family member?

no point its legal they have dual citizenship but pay no tax here but when they decide they want NHS treatment its straight on the plane from Italy,