A&e What An Horrific Sight

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My friend who was a nurse in A & E was floored with one punch from an alcoholic who she was trying to help. She was unconscious for 10 minutes.!

Not at all surprised Trish, as in the thread title its Horrific.

No wonder the NHS can"t recruit staff.

32 minutes ago, pattricia said:

But have the drunks and drug addicts paid in ?

They may well have, before they succumbed to their addiction.

And/or still be paying in, if they are 'functional' addicts at other times.

20 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

its usually the ones that dont pay in that get the greater benefit our own scrotes and the ones from overseas who come as health tourists.

Just put of interest: do you include British expats that don't pay in, but come home just for free medical treatment, amongst these 'health tourists'? 

Edited by L00b

13 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Doubtful.  Its a bottomless money pit. 

Just like every other NHS windfall that's gone before - the layers of incompetent management, unionised dinosaur working methods and millions of citizens taking it for granted, leaching out everything they can get and not paying enought into the system - will soon see whatever monies drain away to nothing.

Round and round it goes.   Another 18 months and it will be funding crisis, "underpaid" staff and oversubscribed services all over again.

I just wish instead of throwing money at it - we had a Minister who had the balls to tell the truth about the NHS.   A minister who was prepared to stop treating it as this overprotected precious thing that simply cannot be critised or trimmed.  A minister who was prepared to be frank with people and strip back the health service to  providing ESSENTIAL healthcare provision only. 

The NHS is the worst way of running a healthcare system. Apart from all the other methods.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Everyone who buys anything VAT rated pays in. I’d imagine that alcoholics pay quite a bit in, given the level of duty on booze.

You are a proper charmer, aren’t you.

Do you have a preferred sort of person to use the NHS?

yes i do have a preferred user , people that actually contribute. as for vat what percentage of that goes on the NHS? will be glad when we are out of europe as well so there will be more money to fund the NHS instead of wasting it and we have more control over health tourists.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

They may well have, before they succumbed to their addiction.

And/or still be paying in, if they are 'functional' addicts at other times.

Just put of interest: do you include British expats that don't pay in, but come home just for free medical treatment, amongst these 'health tourists'? 

yes i do include them expats, including a member of my family who brings her daughter from europe to get dental and medical when needed, i have told them also in no uncertain terms, but they know its better , quicker and cheaper here.

38 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

yes i do have a preferred user , people that actually contribute. 

That’ll be s select band then, as most UK taxpayers are not net contributors.

I realise that you are probably Alan Sugar in disguise, but spare a thought for the mortals who don’t have a millionaire  lifestyle. They still need medicine too.

In any case, people contribute in many different ways to society.

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

yes i do have a preferred user , people that actually contribute. as for vat what percentage of that goes on the NHS? will be glad when we are out of europe as well so there will be more money to fund the NHS instead of wasting it and we have more control over health tourists.

yes i do include them expats, including a member of my family who brings her daughter from europe to get dental and medical when needed, i have told them also in no uncertain terms, but they know its better , quicker and cheaper here.

Christmas must be a laugh riot at your house.

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

will be glad when we are out of europe as well so there will be more money to fund the NHS instead of wasting it and we have more control over health tourists.

Of course, this is complete nonsense.

UK indiginous, on average, are not net contributors to the social pot... unlike EU migrants, who're effectively subsidising the system. That shortfall will have to be made up from taxation or there'll be less money.

Then the economy... May's WA was projected to cost the UK economy £1.6bn every 10 days... no-deal, more so... even less money to fund the NHS!

The UK is re-imbursed by the member state of any EU citizen that recieves healthcare in the UK, just as UK citizens costs are covered when recieving treatment within the EU27. EU "health tourists" (if such a thing exists) are cost neutral.

Health tourism from elsewhere was always controllable.

In total health tourism is estimated to cost the NHS less than the cost of missed GP appointments :?

Do the words "hook, line and sinker" mean anything to you? :hihi:

I've been in A&E at the weekend.

It was more like a rowdy festival.

The thing that puzzles me is why the flip everyone needs to take an entourage?

Each time I've been at NGH lately people seem to take all their friends and family.

No seats in the waiting room because a patient has 9 accompaniments.

7 hours ago, prolific said:

it was 10am on sunday 

So that explains it, the drunks are all hung over and the junkies are coming down, and all are feeling unwell and vulnerable.😩 Poor things. 🙃

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Of course, this is complete nonsense.

UK indiginous, on average, are not net contributors to the social pot... unlike EU migrants, who're effectively subsidising the system. That shortfall will have to be made up from taxation or there'll be less money.

Then the economy... May's WA was projected to cost the UK economy £1.6bn every 10 days... no-deal, more so... even less money to fund the NHS!

The UK is re-imbursed by the member state of any EU citizen that recieves healthcare in the UK, just as UK citizens costs are covered when recieving treatment within the EU27. EU "health tourists" (if such a thing exists) are cost neutral.

Health tourism from elsewhere was always controllable.

In total health tourism is estimated to cost the NHS less than the cost of missed GP appointments :?

Do the words "hook, line and sinker" mean anything to you? :hihi:

of course you are just listening to the spin and reading from sources who are allied to European hyperbole.

meanwhile in reality??

1 hour ago, Stranza said:

I've been in A&E at the weekend.

It was more like a rowdy festival.

The thing that puzzles me is why the flip everyone needs to take an entourage?

Each time I've been at NGH lately people seem to take all their friends and family.

No seats in the waiting room because a patient has 9 accompaniments.

I’ve seen patients relatives bring a take a way in for them.! 

11 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

of course you are just listening to the spin and reading from sources who are allied to European hyperbole.

meanwhile in reality??

Give us the figures then Bozza.

Get a bit of research done and tell us how much health tourism  costs the NHS. Whilst you are there, have a look at the figures for net contributors to UK PLC.