A&e What An Horrific Sight

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've been right at the coal face with it recently and something needs doing somewhere.

I suggest a 2 tier queueing system as a NHS money saver:

2 waiting rooms (no difference in queue order)

1. You either go in the shouting and moaning section,

2. Or into a quiet room, and suffer in silence, which is far superior to suffering in a an incredibly loud room, with all kinds of people.

I bet that although this doesn't help time spans, it would get the NHS far more @ # likes# @ and much happier 'unfazed' people. :)

15 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

2. Or into a quiet room, and suffer in silence, which is far superior to suffering in a an incredibly loud room, with all kinds of people.

I bet that although this doesn't help time spans, it would get the NHS far more @ # likes# @ and much happier 'unfazed' people. :)

A 'quiet carriage' for the waiting room would go down a bundle with a whole load of patients, I suspect, but who would police it?   Tutting loudly at people doesn't seem to have any effect at the idiots on trains.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I just wish instead of throwing money at it - we had a Minister who had the balls to tell the truth about the NHS.   

You’ll struggle with that!

The Health Minister was on Channel Four News tonight lying through his teeth until he was shamed into admitting that Boris’s NHS bung was not new money at all.

Simple solution- if you're drunk, disorderly  or under the influence of drugs then bugger off.

No NHS service for people like that.

11 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Simple solution- if you're drunk, disorderly  or under the influence of drugs then bugger off.

No NHS service for people like that.

They would all have ended up in Water Lane cop shop years ago , that always cured them. :nod:

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

They would all have ended up in Water Lane cop shop years ago , that always cured them. :nod:

Well there’s your solution! We know it won’t happen though.

It seems to be fashionable to use containers as pubs, we have got them in Gateshead and Newcastle.  You could put a few empty containers with plastic air beds next to A&E for all of the drunks, with security occasionally checking to make sure they don’t choke on their vomit.  The health professionals can then carry on with their job dealing with genuine people.

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I know that watson. Im just surprised at the surprise. A&E has been like a zoo on a Saturday night since the year dot.

Elementary!

it was 10am on sunday 

9 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Hospitals and the NHS in general rather than A&E, should have specified. Sorry.

1 hour ago, prolific said:

it was 10am on sunday 

Wow. Overspill from saturday night? Last tkme i was at an A&E on a sunday morning there was one person in front and that was it!

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

We know it won’t happen though.

Quite rightly too.

Everyone pays in, so everyone is entitled to the same level of treatment. 

50 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Quite rightly too.

Everyone pays in, so everyone is entitled to the same level of treatment. 

But have the drunks and drug addicts paid in ?

My friend who was a nurse in A & E was floored with one punch from an alcoholic who she was trying to help. She was unconscious for 10 minutes.!