A&e What An Horrific Sight

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

What's new.   A&E has always been like that. 

Free at source healthcare open and available to ANY citizen whether or not they contribute to it or not.    As other have pointed out, there has been previous attempts to segregate, redirect, restrict, control, charge or block certain types of patients but its always immediately been shouted down by those hysterics who see any sort of control as an attack on the precious NHS.

So....  you end up with what you pefectly describe.

de pfeffel is bunging the NHS loads of money though, so it must be getting better?

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I know that watson. Im just surprised at the surprise. A&E has been like a zoo on a Saturday night since the year dot.

Elementary!

🤣  :thumbsup:.

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

de pfeffel is bunging the NHS loads of money though, so it must be getting better?

Well, not really. £1bn out of the £1.8bn promised is already allocated to NHS trusts but they're not currently allowed to spend it and the No. 10 press office don't know where the rest is  going to come from.  It's certainly not £350m a week, a figure that Johnson said was a bit low last year as he doubled down on his <removed>.

Many people would call him a lying sack of ****. His detractors are probably less kind.

Edited by nikki-red

19 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, not really. £1bn out of the £1.8bn promised is already allocated to NHS trusts but they're not currently allowed to spend it and the No. 10 press office don't know where the rest is  going to come from.  It's certainly not £350m a week, a figure that Johnson said was a bit low last year as he doubled down on his <removed>.

Many people would call him a lying sack of ****. His detractors are probably less kind.

It is on top of the £20bn already announced (to 2023/24), which does work out at £394m extra per week by the end of that period. 

Edited by Robin-H

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

🤣  :thumbsup:.

Awwwww, how cute little un.

19 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It is on top of the £20bn already announced (to 2023/24), which does work out at £394m extra per week by the end of the that period. 

It's filling in a £20bn spending gap but I take your point. 

47 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I know that watson. Im just surprised at the surprise. A&E has been like a zoo on a Saturday night since the year dot.

Elementary!

perhaps they haven't been before?

At least now I'd now what to expect!

56 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, not really. £1bn out of the £1.8bn promised is already allocated to NHS trusts but they're not currently allowed to spend it and the No. 10 press office don't know where the rest is  going to come from. 

The new Health Minister was forced to admit this was not new money on Channel Four News tonight, after much squirming and poor attempts to avoid answering the question.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Doubtful.  Its a bottomless money pit. 

Just like every other NHS windfall that's gone before - the layers of incompetent management, unionised dinosaur working methods and millions of citizens taking it for granted, leaching out everything they can get and not paying enought into the system - will soon see whatever monies drain away to nothing.

Round and round it goes.   Another 18 months and it will be funding crisis, "underpaid" staff and oversubscribed services all over again.

I just wish instead of throwing money at it - we had a Minister who had the balls to tell the truth about the NHS.   A minister who was prepared to stop treating it as this overprotected precious thing that simply cannot be critised or trimmed.  A minister who was prepared to be frank with people and strip back the health service to  providing ESSENTIAL healthcare provision only. 

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Doubtful.  Its a bottomless money pit. 

Just like every other NHS windfall that's gone before - the layers of incompetent management, unionised dinosaur working methods and millions of citizens taking it for granted, leaching out everything they can get and not paying enought into the system - will soon see whatever monies drain away to nothing.

Round and round it goes.   Another 18 months and it will be funding crisis, "underpaid" staff and oversubscribed services all over again.

I just wish instead of throwing money at it - we had a Minister who had the balls to tell the truth about the NHS.   A minister who was prepared to stop treating it as this overprotected precious thing that simply cannot be critised or trimmed.  A minister who was prepared to be frank with people and strip back the health service to  providing ESSENTIAL healthcare provision only. 

can't like post on here.

+1

No one has the balls, even though everyone who looks into it knows it.

The MPs, the government, the opposition, the staff in the NHS, and people who have worked or contracted to them) know it.

The only way to win votes though is promising more money, so it will never end.

Edited by *_ash_*

A & E has been like this for years. Although when I worked there years ago there were genuinely ill people there.

However a nurse told me recently that they are not allowed to turn drunks and drug addicts away therefor they get a free bed for the night , while genuinely ill people have to wait while these low life hold the queue up !

I've been right at the coal face with it recently and something needs doing somewhere.