Jump to content

A&e What An Horrific Sight

Recommended Posts

having been to A&E over the weekend some of the stuff i saw was shocking,  a National embarrassment.

from junkies slummed over chairs.

people openly drinking in and out of A&E

the smoking of weed outside the main entrance.

people being loud and tapping money,cigs, of other patients.

the place was full of drunk or drug user "victims" of the vice. 

the NHS should have a ward for them, i felt for the older people who must have felt vulnerable.

as i did due to a injury to my low body. it really was like a scene of Jeremy Kyle.

anyone else seen this?

i was seen in 6 and 1/2 hours both nurse and doctor was nice and caring i may add    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Great Britain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't other countries have drunks and drug addicts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have tried the Drunk Tanks here which were partly funded by the NHS.  i like the idea. it is still taking money from the NHS which isn't good but would ease the overworked staff at A&E.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of drunk and stoned people at A&E at the weekend?

 

Hardly front page news is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Lots of drunk and stoned people at A&E at the weekend?

 

Hardly front page news is it?

Good job SF isn't the front page then! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, prolific said:

having been to A&E over the weekend some of the stuff i saw was shocking,  a National embarrassment.

from junkies slummed over chairs.

people openly drinking in and out of A&E

the smoking of weed outside the main entrance.

people being loud and tapping money,cigs, of other patients.

the place was full of drunk or drug user "victims" of the vice. 

the NHS should have a ward for them, i felt for the older people who must have felt vulnerable.

as i did due to a injury to my low body. it really was like a scene of Jeremy Kyle.

anyone else seen this?

i was seen in 6 and 1/2 hours both nurse and doctor was nice and caring i may add    

What's new.   A&E has always been like that. 

 

Free at source healthcare open and available to ANY citizen whether or not they contribute to it or not.    As other have pointed out, there has been previous attempts to segregate, redirect, restrict, control, charge or block certain types of patients but its always immediately been shouted down by those hysterics who see any sort of control as an attack on the precious NHS.

 

So....  you end up with what you pefectly describe.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its just seems so normal, that was the thing. people where unfazed by it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prolific said:

its just seems so normal, that was the thing. people where unfazed by it 

Last time I was there, it was exactly as you describe..

The nurse said to me,  Just a normal night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, prolific said:

its just seems so normal, that was the thing. people where unfazed by it 

Perhaps they were fazed but what can you do?

 

I know what you mean though. I was in there for 4 or 5 hours late last year, and it was a nightmare. Made worse when a group of what looked like builders on steriods, shouting and demanding (as one of them had cut his hand) - it was chaos. I think they ended up queue jumping as they were really aggressive with the staff. Banging on the nurse station door.

 

A place you don't want to be anyway  for a start, and I'd been here there and everywhere trying to get help..., then you have lots of other people, queueing, bleeding, coughing. I tried to read a book, but ended up just closing my eyes and trying to find a way to speed up time! :hihi:

 

If you do a bit of people watching, the seemingly unfazed ones, do a lot of whisperings... if like mine, you can guess what they all saying.

 

 

 

 

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Don't other countries have drunks and drug addicts?

We are not talking about other countries Sherlock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

We are not talking about other countries Sherlock.

I know that watson. Im just surprised at the surprise. A&E has been like a zoo on a Saturday night since the year dot.

 

Elementary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.