2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Anyone recommend a gas safe engineer that can complete a landlord service and certificate? Property has a gas hob and boiler to test.

Can someone recommend a landscaper who can install a high grade pond and possible Gazebo with outdoor kitchen/bar/Barbecue setup.

Would have to be someone who has done something similar previously. I want to look at sheffield people before looking beyond.

PM'd you Akira

Anyone recommend a gas safe engineer that can complete a landlord service and certificate? Property has a gas hob and boiler to test.

Hi , am looking for recommendations for work. The gennel plasterboard has begun to peel off and it seems it is due to some rot of the wood below the joists. The damage is cosmetic and not structural but I would like it sorting. If anybody has any reasonable builders/ joiners contacts . Please suggest. Thanks.

Can't suggest any contacts for this but are you sure that there is not some underlying problem that has caused the wood to go rotten? It would be a pity to get this repaired and then have the problem reoccur.

Hi Jill

We use Gerry from Work with Gas - Plumber/Gas man Always turns up and competitive prices, and always has good report with our landlords and tenants

I also believe he has a Facebook page too

Regards

Margaret

Jaguar Property

Can anyone recommend a good plumber please? I need a 2 part valve replacing, a sink unit and all the pipes removed and a couple of other small jobs doing.

Thanks

I need my fuse box updating in my 2 bed semi and looking around for quotes.

Thanks

Edited by PaulinaB

Just want to add a recommendation and note of thanks to Richard Berry for some great work on our bathroom, plus some amazing aftercare when other things went wrong! (Which had nothing to do with his excellent work). If you can get him, do.

Can anyone recommend a landscape gardener

We're just looking for quotes at this stage

If you are looking for a reliable builder then look no further than Whitecliffs. I have just used them for my cellar conversion and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Professional from start to finish. I got a quote the very next day, they turned up on time, everyday, the materials were there when they needed them. The whole job was project managed by Eric so efficently and they even cleaned up after themselves. So pleased with the work.

We have a "minimalist" back garden, all pebbles over a lining sheet (S20, Halfway area). Are there any gardeners out there who could give me a quote for pulling up a (large) bush, removing the bush, pebbles and lining sheet, levelling it off and turfing it please?

Many thanks.

Hi all,

it's been a long time since I have posted on SF, so apologies in advance.... married now with 2 kids so time has been rare.

We are moving into a new home soon and I would like to convert the single garage into a cinema room. (5.3m x 2.5m).

Can anybody recommend tradesmen / builders who can undertake the work? I am looking for the following bits of work.

- Build a wall so that we have a small shed area and if possible utilize the existing garage door

- Build a new doorway leading to the hallway

- Install stud walls if required

- Install electrics, lights, a/v cabling and heating.

- Decorate, soundproof and plaster the room

- Help create home cinema related ceiling, screen surround, acoustic fabric units etc

Any tips and advice most welcome.

Kind regards,

Riz