2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Sam Lovatt at Dearne plumbing. He came out first for us for a couple of very small jobs (toilet cistern valve etc) and that's why we waited for him to be available to replace the en suite.  Nice guy too. If you look back through you'll see he's recommended many times.  07909 842848

Hello, 

Can anybody recommend a painter/decorator (Sheffield, Heeley) to re-paint our external render? 

We are hoping to get this done as soon as possible. 

Any good recommendations, please let me know. 

Thanks, Jess :) 

Jeff the joiner saves the day!

I’d like to make a recommendation for Jeff the joiner (07861 379796). I’d had some damp work done by another company, and needed some bespoke skirting fitted - so it matched the rest of the house. The other company kept promising they were sending “their guy” as it was included in the price, but eventually I gave up waiting and called trusty Jeff!

My deadline was quite tight (given the delays caused by the other company) but Jeff fitted me in, kept me informed of when he was coming and came when he said he would (a miracle these days!)

The damp work had meant the wall stuck-out into the room more than it used to, which meant doors needed planing, and the skirting needed expert fitting- planing the back of the board so it chamfered into the door casing. Jeff also understood that the damp proofing meant different fixings to standard needed to be used. 

While Jeff was there, he also chopped out a new lock for the front door. Whilst working on the door he noticed the source of my wet carpet (water coming in under the door) and fixed that at the same time too. That’s what’s really reassuring when you have Jeff on your job, he obviously does the job you want him too, but if he finds other issues, he cracks on and gets them fixed at the same time, as he wants the whole job to be a good one. He even squeezed in an hour or so to help my decorator with a rotten bit of bay window, replacing the rotten pine with a lovely piece of hard wood - excellent job!

Cheers Jeff, you really saved me on this one. Will be seeing you again soon! Claire

On 14/10/2019 at 10:44, Juniper said:

Hello, 

Can anybody recommend a painter/decorator (Sheffield, Heeley) to re-paint our external render? 

We are hoping to get this done as soon as possible. 

Any good recommendations, please let me know. 

Thanks, Jess :)

Hi Jess,

I’d recommend Richard Porter  07950 282859. He’s done an excellent job on my house, inside and out. Great can-do attitude, alway punctual and real attention to detail. Only issue might be that because he’s so good, he’ll be booked up, but worth asking! Cheers. 

Hi

Is anyone able to recommend a firm that can treat some damp I have in the bathroom please? Parts of the outside wall is wet and crumbling away on the inside. 

Thank you 

My drive is in need of jet washing its filthy!  Anyone know of somebody to help please.?

On 10/10/2019 at 16:21, Ian35 said:

I'd recommend Simon at complheat http://complheat.com/services.html

He arrives on time, charges a reasonable price, gets on with the job very efficiently. I wouldn't want to use anyone else.

Thank you

On 12/10/2019 at 16:25, RabM said:

Sam Lovatt at Dearne plumbing. He came out first for us for a couple of very small jobs (toilet cistern valve etc) and that's why we waited for him to be available to replace the en suite.  Nice guy too. If you look back through you'll see he's recommended many times.  07909 842848

Thank you

On 26/10/2019 at 16:53, DSwales said:

Hi

Is anyone able to recommend a firm that can treat some damp I have in the bathroom please? Parts of the outside wall is wet and crumbling away on the inside. 

Thank you 

I have used precision damp proofing and they did a good job.

Can anyone recommend anyone who can deal with damp problems? Noticing damp patch on wall in the attic room which is affecting the ceiling to the room directly below slightly. I believe that it caused by rain water leaking through external wall but by no means an expert.

Based in S6 area. Thanks for your help

Edited by mark1867

A big recommendation for Jeff the Joiner (07861379796) who has recently fitted skirting, beading etc for me. All work was carried out to a high standard and he cleaned up afterwards. Will definitely use again. 

And another recommendation for Jeff the joiner! He and his team (Matt the painter, Tom the plasterer) did a fine job on replastering walls, and replacing door frames, doors and skirting.