2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Another recommendation for Joiner Jeff from me, Jeff has helped me refurb an entire 3 bedroom house up in Crookes. 

When I started the process back in October 2018 (having recently discovered the OH was pregnant), Jeff was (thankfully) one of the first people I spoke to. Jeff already  had a team of trusted tradesmen to call on, so he sorted out plasterers, electricians, plumbers, labourers and even a house painter for the exterior of the property. 

In terms of the work undertaken, Jeff and his team have basically done everything; Moving stud walls, re wiring, re plastering throughout, repair of badly damaged attic staircase, installation of fitted wardrobes in master bed, construction of under stairs cupboard in back bedroom, fitting of new bathroom, fitting of new kitchen, new skirting boards throughout, new architraves throughout and re cladding exterior of the property. If you need a tradesman, I am sure he already knows someone suitable. 

An a personal note, Jeff is very personable and has always gone above and beyond what was expected to do the job right. One one occasion he wasn't able to attend on the date agreed, so he arranged another joiner to come round to keep the project on track which says it all really. Whenever I haven't been sure about what to do about something, hes always been available to offer his advice and his been willing to accommodate my ideas, even if some of them have proved challenging to say the very least. So to Jeff and his team a huge Thank You!

Unfortunately the OH wants to move nearer her parents to take advantage of the free babysitting, so its looking increasing likely that will be starting a new project south of Sheffield in the new year. Needless to say, I will be ringing Jeff first...

Lee from T. Cutts  & Son has made a brilliant job of supplying and fitting new vinyl tile flooring in hall and lounge to cope with traffic from my electric wheechair, which ruins carpets. Highly recommended - Sue Wassell.

Does anyone know of a reasonable priced engineer who can fit a dual cooker

Just need gas hose & electric fitting 

Hi,

Does anyone know anybody who can fit a gas hose & electric on a new gas cooker??

Forgot to include installation when purchasing 😱😭😢

Thanks

We live in Woodseats and have just completed the remodel of our attic bedroom: which included new floors, stud walls, en-suite, doors, electrics, windows...  A full scale operation.

We used Jeff Smith. I would 100% recommend him and his team. 

Jeff project managed along with doing the building work. He sourced excellent tradesmen, which included plumbers, plasterers, electricians, decorators, roofers... The timeline was seemless, and tradesmen followed tradesmen without delay. 

Jeff runs a tight ship - everyone was reliable, punctual, dedicated and hardworking. The house was left tidy and clean at the end of each day and the standard of workmanship was very high. Communication was exceptional: Jeff kept us informed of progress and was very good at anticipating, and planning for, potential problems and consulting us for our decision. Nothing was too much.

The aftercare has been superb. Jeff is incredibly affable and really goes the extra mile to ensure that his customers are satisfied and happy.

His details are:

Jeff Smith

0114 2203563

Will use for every project in the future: a brilliant job, we love it! Thanks, Jeff :)

Edited by Miss

I have a grotty cellar that needs clearing - possibly into a skip, or into many bags.

Any recommendations?

PM me please.

Hi can anyone recommend someone to dry line a couple of bedroom walls onto existing plaster?

Thanks 

Hi 

Another recommendation for the plumber Sam Lovatt of www.ddps.biz .

He came out to fix a leaking toilet which due to the rusted screws British Gas refused to touch.

He arrived in the timeframe agreed and not only fixed the toilet with minimal fuss but also fixed the slow filling cistern which had been like that since I moved in.

Highly recommended!

I don't normally leave reviews but will do on this occasion as I am especially pleased with recent works to dry line our two cellars.  Whitecliffe's carried out the work and we found them to be very knowledgeable, efficient and a pleasure to work with.  Eric is very friendly and gave us sound advice and a competitive quote with 'no surprises'.   He was keen to make sure we were happy at all stages of the 4 week programme.  Martin is a happy, reliable and trustworthy guy with a can-do attitude and is very easy to be around.  He carried out a range of works very competently and to a high standard,  working quickly and efficiently.   Nothing was too much trouble for him.   It's good to see someone enjoying their job.  

Owen and Dale deserve a mention too - very happy with their work and both easy to get on with.  Owen's plastering can be recommended.

Overall, I would recommend Whitecliffe's without hesitation.  I'm very happy with my new basement rooms.  

I have a few small jobs that need a plumber. Most of the adverts seem to be around firms geared to bigger jobs like bathroom/boiler installations. Can anybody recommend a plumber in Sheffield who will take on smaller jobs (I'm in Fulwood S10 so the nearer the better)? Thanks

I’m after one to replace a bedroom radiator too,S2.