2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Hi,

I need a painter to paint the ceiling of my new kitchen installation before the lighting and units go in. Can anyone recommend someone who could do this at short notice?

Hi All,

Im looking for a builder to complete our single story extension and comprehensive internal restructure and fit out in S17. I will contact Whitecliffes, any other recommendations?

Thanks

Hello,

I need some repointing done as well as brick replacement or repair. Secondly I have  some rendering (basically the lower quarter, full width,  of one wall) dealing with (its in a state - so need advice on whether it just comes off, and repair what's underneath or repair the render itself or replace it entirely). Does anyone have recommendations for someone who can do these jobs to a good standard?

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know who can install an additional telephone line other than BT in a house

i tried to look in the Star  newspaper back pages for assistance but no luck 🥺

Any help appreciated

1 hour ago, Willyboy05 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know who can install an additional telephone line other than BT in a house

i tried to look in the Star  newspaper back pages for assistance but no luck 🥺

Any help appreciated

Try walker telecoms normally found in the computer and tech section ...

Another recommendation for plumber Stuart Swan. Prompt responses, excellent tidy job (replacing my bathroom sink and taps) and very reasonably priced.  07757 028912.

Can anyone recommend someone who could do me a fitted wardrobe in my bedroom and wouldn't charge the earth, thank you.

Guest makapaka

Can anyone recommend a wall tiler please?

I am looking to have some internal building work done - wall removal, plastering, electrics, plumbing, decorating. 

Has anyone used Meersbrook Construction Company or SDP Builders? 

Hi, I’m after someone to cut a clay pipe where our roof downpipe feeds into as it has a crack in it and replace it pvc coupling, small section of pipe and bottle trap with square/rectangle grid. I’ve already dug down round clay pipe (might need bit more excavation). Also to patch the wall behind where trap is, under ground level,  with some mortar . Can anyone recommend anyone?

cheers john

Hi.

I after a builder to build a small extension (8sqm) to increase the size of my hallway.  The new space also needs to fit in a small washroom.

There is some drainage to build over and gas mains to reroute. 

I'm in Totley (s17) if anyone can recommend a decent builder then please let me know.

I live in Nether Edge and have just had  some traditional sash window restoration / refurbishment work carried out by Jeff Smith.

Jeff is a straightforward man and a pleasure to have around. He managed to do the joinery work at quite short notice and arranged for a painter as well.  All the work was completed to a very high standard and at a competitive price. Jeff did a lot of finishing up of odd bits that we hadn’t originally specified, alongside the quoted work, which was a big help.  He even managed to free up two of the sashes that had long ago been painted shut, which I wasn’t expecting. 

I was doing some of the painting prep work to keep the price down and again Jeff could not have been more helpful and kindly lent me his ladders for a week.  

Previously Jeff fitted me a new front door which I continue to be very pleased with.

All in all I have no hesitation in recommending Jeff for any joinery work big or small. 

His details are:

Jeff Smith

Joinery Solutions

0114 2203563

Dominic