2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Has anyone any good experiences of having had re-pointing done and patio re-laying? I have had a look on the recommendations thread but can find no recent entries regarding these two. 

I'm looking for recommendations for both or either pieces of work not offers of quotes at this stage.

Thanks.

I have some paving slabs in my garden that need the joints raking out and repointing. A few need resetting. Can anyone recommend someone to do this?

I can thoroughly recommend Whitecliffes builders, having used them now for 3 different projects, most lately for a kitchen & bathroom refurbishment. The owner Eric is a lovely chap & keeps everything on track the customer well informed. Martin & Dale are some of the workforce & they go over & above what is expected of them & pay good attention to detail. The quality of work is excellent & costs are very competitive.

Looking for recommendations for an experienced architect who can draw up plans for a rear home extension. We have plenty of ideas, but could do with some professional help / opinions, drawings, and rough building costs for each possible option

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks! 

Just have to say a big thank-you to Sam Lovett who has just finished installing our new bathroom.  Fantastic job, overcame every obstacle with calm professionalism.  It looks amazing. 

Edited by Chris Jones

Can anyone recommend any builders for a single rear and side extension? We have had plans drawn up and we live in S25 area. Tried Whitecliffes but they are fully booked up. Hopefully someone that only takes on one project at a time.

Many thanks

Sarah

Hi guys ,need a good plasterer anyone give me a recommendation. 

Andy Lovatt Kitchen Fitter.  Awesome skills.  Lovely job done.  Measure's once , cuts and its spot on. Mitres are the best ever on worktops if you can find them. Worked with uneven walls, sloping floor. Gammy plumbing and sorted everything. Finish is smashing. 

Message me if you want his number 

I would like to recommend Eric and his exceptional team at Whitecliffes. We've been planning our kitchen for years but were always worried about shabby tradesmen etc. Eric was punctual, provided accurate quotes and was a general fountain of knowledge. His team were absolutely brilliant, we are in a small house with a young family and they were impeccably polite and respectful. They made sure the building works, which took around 10 weeks caused as little disruption as possible. The quality of the building work, the attention to detail and the general work ethic was outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. http://www.whitecliffebuilders.com/  

Additionally, we used S11 Architecture for the design and building specification as well as kitchen design. The detailed drawings, the insightful design features and exceptional knowledge of building regs and process made the whole experience so much better for us. If not for Pete at S11, we'd still be sitting in a dark horrible dining room with dreams of grandeur, wondering what could've been! We were initially a bit unsure about using an architect for a kitchen layout and design but actually, it was worth every penny in the end result. Consequently, we're now onto the bathroom and have not hesitated to enlist S11 Architecture once again.  https://s11-architecture.co.uk/

The combination of these two exceptional companies and teams was worth far more than the sum of its parts. Brilliant design and architecture combined with high-quality building and joinery has made our home a pleasure to live in. 

Looking for an electrician to look at our kitchen cooker hood. The extractor fan and light do not work.
We've recently moved into a rental property in S5, Landlord lives in a completely different area and we would like this resolved asap.

Thanks.

On 01/05/2019 at 16:14, rmjohns2 said:

Looking for recommendations for an experienced architect who can draw up plans for a rear home extension. We have plenty of ideas, but could do with some professional help / opinions, drawings, and rough building costs for each possible option

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks! 

Edited by OutragedCitizen

If anyone requires some joinery I can recommend Jeff (Joinery Solutions).  He turns up when he says he's going to, works hard and gets the job done to a very good standard. His painter is pretty good too.