2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Another recommendation for Whitecliffe's Builders, they are just finishing up at my house today with an integrated garage conversion to a home office (man cave!). 

Eric (the gaffer) discussed, quoted and oversaw the entire project personally- which has been completed on time & budget by his team Nigel, Owen & Nick (the sparky) to an excellent standard. If you are looking for a trustworthy, competent building company - I definitely recommend Whitecliffe's.

Hi guys.

I had a stream wall at the side of the property in chapeltown,which during last week wind storms had fallen down in the stream with fence.Now i am looking for some builders who had experience in retention wall or similar. Pls any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend someone to replace our lead pipe for MDPE - its about a 7m run.

thanks,

Dave

Hi

Any recommendations for someone to fit a kitchen worktop please.

Thanks

Any recommendations for a reliable plasterer please.

Thanks

Another recommendation for Stuart Swan Plumbing (07757 028912), was able to come out the next day to fix a leaking pipe under our kitchen sink. He was very reasonably priced and completed the job quickly. Very pleased with the service and will definitely use him again

We are wanting some alterations doing to our porch. The door is currently on the side which we want  blocking up and replacing with a small window and then a new composite door on the front of the porch. Ideally would like a company that can do the job lot (building work, supply and fit window and door, plastering etc) After rough costs and any company recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks

I'm looking for a plasterer to do an almost entire house re-plaster. I think it mostly needs a skim with only a couple of patches that might need a little more work to shore them up.  It's 3 large rooms, 2 small ones and a small corridor.

I'm looking ASAP as I've been let down by someone else and really need the kitchen plastering before I can install the new one which is being delivered next week! Nothing like a last min panic is there? :) I don't mind if the work is done in 2 jobs as the kitchen is an absolute priority but the rest can wait a bit.

Job is in S9.

If you are looking for joinery, plastering and decorating I can recommend Joinery Solutions in Sheffield - call Jeff Smith on 07861379796

Jeff and his team/network of joiners, plasters and decorators have done a lovely professional job on hanging new doors (and accessories) in my house and for transforming my stairway from something from the 1980's to a bring, modern lovely space that I am delighted with. Very professional, tidying up after themselves and sorting out any snags no problem. I highly recommend.

I just wanted to add a massive thanks to Mick at Fixed 'n Fitted who has completely transformed a rental property of mine just outside Sheffield, at very short notice.

I was in full on panic mode a couple of weeks ago when I found him, he was able to go round & give me a very good quote for everything that needed doing, carpets, new kitchen, endless repair jobs...basically a full overhaul, & deep clean from top to bottom once the work was complete.

I am extremely happy with the results, he is an absolute godsend & I can't recommend him highly enough.

Mick is at Fixed 'n Fitted on 07858870626.

I'd just like to recommend & give huge thank you to Sam@Dearne (07909 842 848) & Richard Berry (07759 498651), from the site who has done a wonderful job on my friends bathroom. ( she’s not on forum, but I recommended Sam as he had done an en-suite for us)

Sam was busy, as all good tradesmen are but he managed to fit her in as she’d had a big leak in her main bathroom, he recommended Richard who does a lot of work with Sam, to come & do the tiling before Sam fitted the shower, toilet & sink. It turned out to be a much bigger job than first thought but they dealt with it, no problem. 

Both Sam & Richard gave her very good advice, & the work was done to an extremely high standard.

The price was competitive too. The shower room now looks fantastic & she & husband are very happy with the results.

Many thanks once again & highly recommended.

Edited by nikki-red
Tried to change text size to smaller, no joy tho

Does anyone know somebody who can regrout some paving slabs in my garden? They also need cleaning ( I have a pressure washer) and some need resetting. I'm in S11, near to Banner Cross.

I would like to recommend Joinery Solutions, Jeff Smith: 07861379796. They did an attic conversion for me in March and I couldn't be happier with the result.  Everyone involved electricians, plasterers and joiners were all very professional and pleasant. They cleaned up after themselves too. I was very impressed with the price and quality of the workmanship.