2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Please remember this thread is for recommendations only. 

No actual jobs etc.

Thank you.

Another thumbs up for Jeff Smith (Jeff the Joiner). Recently fitted floating bookshelves and cupboard. Excellent work, carried out with enthusiasm and good cheer. Very reasonable price, too 

A highly recommendation for repointing I’ve just had done, I don’t think Matt needs my review to get work, the quality and his professionalism will guarantee he’ll never be out of work, it’s hard to find a tradesman that takes pride in what he does these days and Matt certainly does that, very competitive quote, turned up when promised, hardworking, reliable, very tidy, finished to a high standard and a genuinely really nice fella,

Any recommendations for a handyman in or around the S26 area?

Initially I need the basin taps in the bathroom changing urgently as hot tap is leaking fast. The access to these taps is awkward so some experience and the right tools needed. The reason I haven’t asked for a plumber is because I’ll be supplying the taps myself as they match those on the bath and I know professional plumbers generally like to supply materials themselves, but if anyone can recommend one who’s likely to be up for such a small job that would be good.

Apart from that a recommendation for a good general handyman would be appreciated as DIY skills are sadly lacking here!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sorry, meant this to go on the mega thread for recommendations, not to start a new topic!

Duplicate post here, sorry! Meant to post here, but mistakenly started a new thread.

Any recommendations for a handyman for S26 area (Wales/Kiveton)?

Initially I need the basin taps in the bathroom changing urgently as hot tap is leaking fast. The access to these taps is awkward so some experience and the right tools needed. The reason I haven’t asked for a plumber is because I’ll be supplying the taps myself as they match those on the bath and I know professional plumbers generally like to supply materials themselves, but if anyone can recommend one who’s likely to be up for such a small job that would be good.

Apart from that a recommendation for a good general handyman would be appreciated as DIY skills are sadly lacking here and the less urgent jobs are slowly piling up!

Many thanks in anticipation.

I've been meaning to convert my damp basement to a dry useable space for a while. I got a number of quotes, and many were really strong, but the one that stood out was from Whitecliffes builders. Eric, who did an initial visit, was very easy to talk to and explained everything in a clear and easy to understand manner. He provided a quote within a couple of days stating what would be done and how much each item would cost, giving me various options. The work started exactly when Eric said it would and the whole team (6 in total I think!) were incredibly friendly and easy going but at the same time really worked hard (including Saturdays which I must admit was a bit of a surprise for the first one!). Eric visited every day to make sure work was progressing to plan and answered any questions I had. Even our dog looked forward to seeing the team, but one reason may have been the Bonios that Eric regularly supplied! Anyway, the work was done with a minimum of fuss to a high standard and I now have a great ‘man cave’. Thanks Whitecliffes, the whole team (Eric, Dale, Jack, Owen, Martin and Nick) did a great job!

Edited by Chris_61
Added team names

On 14/01/2019 at 12:35, jedndot said:

Another thumbs up for Jeff Smith (Jeff the Joiner). Recently fitted floating bookshelves and cupboard. Excellent work, carried out with enthusiasm and good cheer. Very reasonable price, too 

Thank you for the work kind regards jeff

Could someone recommend a joiner to make a single worktop joint and fit some cornice and pelmet for me? I will need a hole cutting for hob and sink as well. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:49, Chris_61 said:

I've been meaning to convert my damp basement to a dry useable space for a while. I got a number of quotes, and many were really strong, but the one that stood out was from Whitecliffes builders. Eric, who did an initial visit, was very easy to talk to and explained everything in a clear and easy to understand manner. He provided a quote within a couple of days stating what would be done and how much each item would cost, giving me various options. The work started exactly when Eric said it would and the whole team (6 in total I think!) were incredibly friendly and easy going but at the same time really worked hard (including Saturdays which I must admit was a bit of a surprise for the first one!). Eric visited every day to make sure work was progressing to plan and answered any questions I had. Even our dog looked forward to seeing the team, but one reason may have been the Bonios that Eric regularly supplied! Anyway, the work was done with a minimum of fuss to a high standard and I now have a great ‘man cave’. Thanks Whitecliffes, the whole team (Eric, Dale, Jack, Owen, Martin and Nick) did a great job!

Hi Chris.
Many thanks for your recommendation.

It was our pleasure to help you create your man cave and we hope you enjoy spending lots of relaxing time in there!
Once again thank you.

From the Whitecliffes team.

Can anyone recommend a joiner for one worktop joint and cutting holes for sink and hob. Also fitting cornice and pelmet  to some wall units.

Any help would be appreciated.

We have just completed another development on time & on budget 

would like to say a big thank you to electrician MJB Electrical services Matt & his team worked to a really high standard rewiring the complete property with some very difficult alterations at some stages of the development thanks matt your a star

MJB ELECTRICAL SERVICES 07795264415

https://ueni.com/en-gb/business/sheffield-s35/electrician/mjb-electrical-services-1

also a big thanks to Scott the plasterer who also finished the project to a high standard 

scott 07549789089

thanks to Dan Connetti for completing the plumbing & heating system to notch again 

Dan 07846804527

would highly recommend these companies & will be using them on our next project very soon 

THANKS GUYS 👍🏻