2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

We used Jeff Smith's joinery skills (07861 379796) again on our new kitchen project. He laid our reclaimed flooring and provided custom pine skirting and architraves and (as usual) did an amazing job despite the challenges thrown his way by our wonky old house. always a pleasure to have around is Jeff; quality, knowledgeable, competitively priced, tidy and considerate. thanks mate!

Hi,

I've got a number of wooden sash windows that need painting, can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks,

Kitty

In need of an old toilet replacing and a bit of pipework, anyone recommend a plumber?

Thanks...

A big shout out to the fantastic, hardworking, reliable chap that is Leepy. (S6 Handyman).

Worth his weight in gold ten times over he is!

Many thanks for fitting me in, much appreciated.

In need of an old toilet replacing and a bit of pipework, anyone recommend a plumber?

Thanks...

I'll join the ranks of those recommending Sam at DDPS http://www.ddps.biz/

He fixed stuff for us that previous plumbers said they couldn't do.

---------- Post added 01-09-2018 at 13:01 ----------

We need a patio outback - recommendations please? Nothing too elaborate really, just levelling the ground and some slabs.

We used Jeff Smith's joinery skills (07861 379796) again on our new kitchen project. He laid our reclaimed flooring and provided custom pine skirting and architraves and (as usual) did an amazing job despite the challenges thrown his way by our wonky old house. always a pleasure to have around is Jeff; quality, knowledgeable, competitively priced, tidy and considerate. thanks mate!

hi thanks matt ta jeff

Can anyone recommend a builder for a side extension (to be built over an existing garage) and a rear kitchen / diner extension. Ideally by someone who has had similar work done.

thanks!

We would like to express our gratitude to Whitecliffe builders Eric, Martin and Owen who have transformed our kitchen and dining room into a beautiful family space. We were quite daunted by the proposition of the extensive work required – new floor, ceiling, walls, windows, electrics and plumbing – and finding a builder who would be able to deliver, but from start to finish Eric and his team have been extremely professional, hard-working and reassuring. Eric carefully considered our plans, made numerous helpful suggestions and worked hard to source the materials we wanted. Martin is by definition a master craftsman, skilled, diligent, hardworking and always considerate of, and communicating with, the client. Ably assisted by his son Owen, they have worked tirelessly to complete the work on schedule. What is apparent is that they are not only skilled builders, but extremely proud of the work they do – we feel very lucky to have found a team who are clearly experts in their profession and really nice people to boot! Thank you very much Eric, Martin and Owen! You are always welcome to pop by for a cup of tea and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Edited by BanksFamily

Hi,

I've got a number of wooden sash windows that need painting, can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks,

Kitty

hi you can refurb the sash from the inside but you need to take off the front sash first but only do this if you can't get a man with ladders to stanley knife the outside ta jeff

Have a cellar flooded with about 4 inches of still water since yesterday.

Can anyone offer any advice or recommend tradesman to assist?

Property is in Handsworth.

Thanks

Edited by Magna
typo

You want a sump or submersible pump. Most tool hire places carry them.

It won't get every last drop out though, you'll be left with about three quarters of an inch still to remove. A plastic dustpan can be a good tool to get the last bit out, take one of those plastic crates down into the cellar and use the dustpan to scoop up the water and drop it into the crate. An old towel will complete the mop up. Let the cellar air - I have used a domestic fan heater to help speed up the drying out and airing of small flooded cellars.

A Handyman would be able to do all this for you if you didn't want to do it yourself. Just tell 'em to bring their wellies!

can anyone recommend a reliable joiner? I have a small job that needs doing and have had two people let me down so far