2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Help. I need some repairs to wooden window frames in Sheffield , to help them close properly and to fit some restrictors to prevent anyone falling out. I don't know who to ask, can anyone recommend ?

Jeffs your man

Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given

Edited by DumDom
Info

We recently had some work undertaken by Whitecliffes and I can wholeheartedly recommend them. The main man, Eric, has a wealth of knowledge and a very likeable manner and is very good at organising his teams to get the job done.

Ours was a job with several moving parts; knocking through internal walls, plastering, joining, full replumb and rewire so we had most of the Whitecliffes teams on the job at some point and every one of them was hard working and easy to get on with.

We were away for the duration of the work but Eric’s communication and my confidence in the workmanship after meeting the teams meant it was a very stress-free process and really they just got on with it.

The finished work is exemplary with very minor snagging items to be expected now things have settled. A good indicator of their attention to service is that Eric is always very easy to get hold of and has sent someone round to fix a snag as soon as possible. This is proper aftercare that is increasingly rare.

I’m really glad we followed other recommendations both on this Forum and other local recommendations to choose Whitecliffes. When we do more work in the future, I will not hesitate to use them again.

Thank you for your recommendation headsheaf, it is much appreciated.

Whitecliffes.

Hi can anyone recommend a Fridge Freezer Repair Man who has no call out Charge and does free estimates and is reasonably priced please? Thanks.

What’s the problem with it?

It is a fridge freezer but the fridge part doesn,t work and the freezer part is fine. I think maybe it is because the knob on the temp dial located in the fridge part isn't on the right setting. What should the dial be on please, low middle or high.?

If the freezer works fine but the fridge doesn’t? Is the fridge warm? Ambient temp?

Has the freezer door been left open perhaps?

Solution is to empty both parts unplug and leave for 48 hours with doors open.

Plug back in and the fridge will work...guaranteed..

No charge for this advice...

Hi Ian, the fridge part is warm, but i do not know if we have the knob on the temp dial on the right setting as we have no manual. what should the knob on the dial be on. Should it be on low middle or high please? Thanks.

Do as I said and it will work guaranteed the knob has little effect if it is frosted up in the transfer passages.

Empty it leave it unplugged with the doors open for 48 hours then replug in

Thanks Ian, i will let u know what happens. R U a fridge repair man?

Please can anyone recommend someone to fit an outdoor tap in the Hillsborough area?

Messaged you

Hi,

I've recently bought a new house in Meersbrook, but unfortunately cannot get the headboard of the bed I've bought up the stairs. It cannot be disassembled without destroying it.

However, my upstairs window is large enough for it to fit through, should the window and frame be removed. So my question is, does anyone know of a company/tradesman that would be willing to remove and then immediately re-install a window, whilst assisting in winching the thing up (it's pretty damn heavy, too)? And what might that potentially cost? I spent a lot of money on the bed frame and don't really want to sell it, and even if I did I'm pretty sure I'd not get anywhere near the money I initially paid, so depending on cost it could be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Pete