2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced carpet fitter and also a plasterer? Thanks in advance!

Hi all

Long story short we have previously used mybuilder for recommendations for a builder and going on the reviews he had and his 25 years of experience we THOUGHT we were getting a reliable and experienced builder. How wrong we were :mad::mad:

Let's just say that after lots of complaints from others also it took trading standards 4 years to get him to court and he left with little more than a slap on the wrist (thanks Colin Shaw and sons)

Not s uprising we are now incredibly wary of using these sites so am trying the old fashioned method of word of mouth.

Have any of you guys used a reliable builder recently and could you recommend their services?

We would like a good builder in Sheffield to quote us for a double story extension shell and roof only (foundations already done and we have a window supplier to fit the windows)

We also need a structural engineer for the RSJ calculations

Thanks in advance

I used SM Construction in summer 2016 for a new bedroom with ensuite with a redesign of our dormer windows on the front. I am also using him again for a kitchen/dining room extension later in the year. The fact I'm using him again tells you everything.

He only takes on one job at a time which means you have to wait. I'll have waited 18 months when the work starts on my kitchen in the summer. Worth it though.

http://www.smconstruct.co.uk/

Simon is the chap who runs the company. Really nice bloke. The work he did on our house is documented on his website under 'recent projects', as is my testimonial.

If you do speak to him, tell him John from Dronfield recommended you.

Good luck

Can anyone recommend a kitchen fitter in the Dinnington, Todwick, Aston area who would be able to fit and give advice on which brand/model to buy and also fit the new cooker hood that has sadly died aged about 20 years old. Many thanks for any for any info.

Thinking of removing some of my front garden and creating a couple of parking spaces, the garden of about 5 feet above the level of the pavement so not as straight forward. Anyone done it? Looking for recommendations. :)

Hi there,

I'm struggling to find a domestic window cleaner for a mid-terrace victorian house in Nether Edge, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Hi I have been digging out my front garden so I can make a driveway. I will need a retaining wall which will roughly be 5 metres wide and roughly 2.5/3m high (built with concrete blocks). Will also need a wall along my stairs leading up to the property about 12 steps.

I have already had a few quotes off builders but would like someone who can be recommended or has reviews I can read. Should be ready to go ahead with the work in about 2/3 weeks.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 22:24 ----------

Thinking of removing some of my front garden and creating a couple of parking spaces, the garden of about 5 feet above the level of the pavement so not as straight forward. Anyone done it? Looking for recommendations. :)

Recently did something similar with mine, but make sure if you have electric, gas or water supply running through there to get quotes for them first. Planning permission might be needed. To actually remove it get a grab lorry costs about £160-£180 a load for a lorry that carries 16 tonne.

If you have no supplies running through the garden and it's easy to access the grab lorry can grab the soil straight out otherwise you would need to hire a mini digger and they'd sort it for you.

I highly recommend Whitecliffe's, the builders for any building work . They recently damproofed my cellar and transformed a damp, crumbling and virtually useless hole into a dry and attractive space in which I can store anything at all.

Eric supervised the job throughout, visiting every day and answering my never ending questions. John and Dale did the work. They were prompt, friendly, polite, cleaned up at the end of every day and best of all, they stayed with the job until it was completed. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for any building job.

Edited by CRISSY2
got a name wrong

Could someone PM me details for a basic ladder and chamois window cleaner serving Norton Lees S8 please? Tried to look in business directory but I get access denied.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hello . Would just like to recommend S6 Handyman aka Lee Rodgers ‘Leepy’*07946 237432‬ for all your jobs round the home and garden !

He’s now done several jobs for us ...mended a pvc door , fitted cottage style interior doors throughout our home , New fencing outside , New gate , exterior of house painted with new doors to outbuilding , new bathroom and sink taps and today he’s just completely knocked out a hideous Art Deco fireplace and now have a lovely new one !

He’s a lovely bloke , takes the time out to discuss what you want and suggests things if you’re not sure ...doesn’t make you feel stupid if you don’t know how to do things and most importantly is genuine and trustworthy .

You won’t be disappointed !

Edited by Heathie48