2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

We just bought a house, and they previous owners left the gardens in a very unmowed state. We're looking for someone to pop round and mow the lawns soonish, front and back (must have own mower, we don't have one yet). Any recommendations for cheap and reliable gardeners or odd-job people who might be able to make this happen?

Does anyone know if Corgigasman is still around? Had a sudden malfunction of our boiler thermostat and desperately need someone in next 48 hours who knows about boilers!

Called him and left a message

We just bought a house, and they previous owners left the gardens in a very unmowed state. We're looking for someone to pop round and mow the lawns soonish, front and back (must have own mower, we don't have one yet). Any recommendations for cheap and reliable gardeners or odd-job people who might be able to make this happen?

Try Stuart Bingham on 07930-925885 or sbingham1@blueyonder.co.uk.

Mention my name. I'd recommend him as reliable and conscientious.

We are looking to remove a marble fire surround and were hoping to sell either the surround as a whole or at least the marble as individual pieces. We’re not sure where to start with this, would a house clearance place be best to contact? A reclamation yard? An antiques dealer? Any advice or recommendations of specific companies/individuals would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Is anyone able to recommend an electrician for a rewire of a 3 bedroom detached house?

Thanks

Dave

Just a recommendation for a van and man.

Bikertec is his forum name.

Mick is his real name.

Absolutely fantastic.

On time, thorough, careful, organised, efficient and hardworking

I used him a few years ago and again today.

Superb!

Can anyone recommend a tradesman in Sheffield who could fix a wooden kitchen cabinet door that has had the middle panel broken and needs hinges re fitting?

I posted on here that I had a bathroom heater that wasn't working. Dean from RCD Electrical on 07377451905 responded quickly and came round the next day and solved it.

Quick response, reasonable rates.

Edited by max

Can anyone recommend someone who does gutters and pointing work please?

Hello

I would need an electrician to pass a few cables in a bedroom. Carpets can be easily cut, would need three extra sockets to be installed in addition to the existing ones.

Anybody can advice a reliable , good electrician?

BWs

MV

We used a plumber called Stuart Swan off the back of a recommendation from the Forum and would like to recommend him as well. We needed a repair job doing on our bathroom waste pipe at short notice and he was able to help. He was friendly and considerate while undertaking the work, and did a very good job for a reasonable price. His number is 07757028912. Cheers Stuart!

We also used Stuart Swan due to recommendations on here, and would not hesitate to do so again. I phoned him due to a broken toilet cistern and he was able to come and fix it within hours - a fast, efficient and professional service.