2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

I'd like to recommend (and thank) handyman Lee Rodgers. He's done an amazing job redecorating for me. I thought I was going to need to get so many different tradespeople in but he's dealt with everything. He works really quickly; I can see why he's earned the nickname leapy Lee! He's also very tidy. I'll be asking him to come back and decorate other rooms for me when he's free. Lee's contact number is 07946 237 432.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

Lee

S6

Looking for recommendations for a good tiler. Want kitchen diner tiling, approx 26sq m on a concrete floor which I think needs a dpm and some levelling.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am interested to know if anyone in Sheffield has used Mo Yaqoob of Blue Gas Services?

I am thinking of using him for my boiler install (he is an approved Atag installer) which I have, and also for my bathroom install.

Would love to hear from people who have used his services as he is not on any review sites like Check A Trade so I cannot check him out. I have already had one cowboy in so I am worried about making any more mistakes :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies and can help me make my mind up on this matter.

Tony :thumbsup:

Hi Tony,

A quick check on Google, typing in, "Blue Gas Services", and doing a company check reveals this company is dissolved. So, it won't be Blue Gas Services who will be fitting your boiler.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06894942/BLUE-GAS-SERVICES-LIMITED/companies-house-data

I'm assuming you've been to the official ATAG heating website and clicked on "Find an Installer" ? This should bring up names of people in this area who are registered ATAG fitters. The other thing I would say is, they don't have to be registered ATAG fitters. So a reputable plumber with heating experience would be able to do it.

Can anybody recommend a garage door man to service and adjust/repair my electric roller door without wanting an arm and a leg?

Cheers ;)

Hi DerbyTup,

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Yes I did click on the link on Atag and they sent me three names of installers and Blue Gas was one of them, just feel a little uncomfortable using someone without recommendations as the last person I used was an Atag approved installer but a right cowboy, I have reported them to Atag so see what happens but how they got to be approved in the first place is the question?

Also, Atag did say that anyone can install it so long as it is commissioned according to the installer manual, which I have. Obviously would prefer to use an Atag installer as again would not feel confident with someone who isn't, just had so many problems don't need anymore.

I am also looking for a bathroom installer if you know of any?

Many thanks,

Tony

hi i use met gas all the time . spot on from after care kind regards jeff

Hi Jeff,

You seem highly rated on here....I also need carpentry work so would like to you come round for a quote, I have your number and will text you in the next couple of days...I will Google Met Gas, thanks speak soon.

Regards,

Tony

my newly fitted shower tray of 1 month has developed a hairline crack, I am going to get a replacement (Pearlstone instead of stone resin this time) with extra feet maybe 6 or 8, cos there was some weak points on the existing one.

Can anyone recommend someone to fit it and any ideas on costs?

Can anyone recommend a good paving company in Sheffield, looking to get drive and patio done, needs some quotes, thanks in advance.

I can really recommend Magna Pave , had my drive done last summer, very hapy of the work

MV

Can anyone recommend a good paving company in Sheffield, looking to get drive and patio done, needs some quotes, thanks in advance.

I can recommend JS Driveways ,( Jazer on SF) he has just finished a small paving job for one of my customers ,polite reliable and experienced excellent value for money