Fireworks In Hillsborough? 04/08/2019

There seems to be a lot of very loud fireworks going off in Hillsborough at the moment (I'm sure it's not the forecasted thunder) It seems a strange time for fireworks, does anyone know where they are coming from? 

I've hear them too. Think I've heard them in the day time on a Sunday before, but some of these sound like really loud explosions. Surely no-ones bothering with fireworks in daylight?! 

There sounds like there is something on at Owlerton, and that seems a lot louder than normal, I wonder whether it's something to do with that? 

Yeah its very close to us in walkley plumes of smoke were seen. Big bangs which to me sounded like explosions not fireworks..

38 minutes ago, Mooks said:

Yeah its very close to us in walkley plumes of smoke were seen. Big bangs which to me sounded like explosions not fireworks..

I thought that at first, but thought I was being dramatic. Not seen any smoke or anything from here. 

Edited by Octopus99

Surely its got nothing to do with the speedway that was on ..

8 minutes ago, Mooks said:

Surely its got nothing to do with the speedway that was on ..

I dont think the speedway starts till around 5pm?

Theres Stock Cars today, but I dont know what time.

Edited by nikki-red

It was from Owlerton. 

I live down the side street off of Bradfield Rd roundabout and as well as the usual fireworks they have, there was a few that sounded like bombs going off. 

I get they they want to put on a show but why frighten every living thing in the vicinity half to death?

Absolutely crazy, the organisers are asking for public complaints about noise which will get the racing stopped, idiots.

By the loudness i would bet they  went up in the air above the stadium so spreading more, wouldn't have been so bad if they had kept at ground level so the stadium sides would have kept some of the shockwave in.

Again complete idiots.

It frightened the life out of my little girl and we're up in Wisewood. They were louder than we get on bonfire night, and like someone else said, sounded much like explosions rather than fireworks. The racing seems so much louder than normal today too, we normally just hear the odd bit, but it feels like we've heard every single race today. 

proberly the same pillock who thought it would be a good idea to set them off at 1.30am this morning in oughtibridge 

Snowflakes will complain about anything and everything nowadays.