Windows Live Mail 2012

About ten days ago, I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  I am using  Windows Live Mail 2012. In the last couple of days when I open my Inbox, all I am seeing is yellow unopened envelope icons, with a flag on the right of the icon. Until I open the messages, I don't know who they are from.  When I did the upgrade, I was receiving the emails as normal.

A bit of advice.

Windows Live Mail was problematic from it's release. Get something newer or try the built in one in Windows 10. I've not read back on the last thread you posted about it, IMO it's time to upgrade. There are plenty of free options, it's just a case of finding the best for you.

I have read how to go to settings > default > default apps, and select a different email provider, the built in one in Windows 10 is one of them. Is a matter of just selecting this one, and you are automatically switched. I am a bit apprehensive in case my emails stop working.

I've not switched but re-installed plenty of times.

You may have to add your accounts to the  Win 10 email. After that's done it will go to your email servers and get your email from when you set it to. I think I put 3 months in. That will bring all emails from 3 month old to the newest. Once you get the new mail client working, I'd delete ALL the Windows Live programs.

Any older mail on the Google or Yahoo servers etc stays there, it won't get deleted.

I have been struggling to install a different email provider. However, I was looking at the icons on the top ribbon on Windows Live Mail, and I clicked on one, ( I cannot remember which one), and the senders names reappeared. With the problem no more, I have decided to leave things as they are. Thank you very much for your help and advice.

No problem, if it's doing what you want, stay with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "installing" It's been a couple of months since I last installed Windows 10 but it was already installed with the OS. It's just a case of adding account details to it. It's not an issue if you're happy with Live Mail, I was just curious.