Whalley Bridge Incident Overkill?

8 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It concerns me that contributors are discussing the town of Whaley Bridge without knowing where it is.

Its on the west facing slopes of the Peak and it is right on the Cheshire(East) border.

Before digital you could watch Welsh TV on S4C it is so far west,

The correct postal address was Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire near Stockport, Cheshire.

The County town is Matlock.

The River Goyte flows through the town and through a very deep gorge at New Mills(Thats why both Sheffield lines are closed)and then into then into the Mersey.

The old A6 between London/Derby and Manchester/Carlisle ran through town.

Public transport comes under Greater Manchester.

The local BBC is Look North from Salford. 

To even suggest that there is any link between Whaley and the East Midlands is really silly.

Indeed - to be more specific it's BBC North West. 

https://ukfree.tv/maps/bbc

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNW/

I don't know why someone thought it was the East Midlands. 

In actual Whaley Bridge news, they've reached the target level in terms of metre drop (8.4m) so that the damage can be properly assessed. 

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It concerns me that contributors are discussing the town of Whaley Bridge without knowing where it is.

Its on the west facing slopes of the Peak and it is right on the Cheshire(East) border.

Before digital you could watch Welsh TV on S4C it is so far west,

The correct postal address was Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire near Stockport, Cheshire.

The County town is Matlock.

The River Goyte flows through the town and through a very deep gorge at New Mills(Thats why both Sheffield lines are closed)and then into then into the Mersey.

The old A6 between London/Derby and Manchester/Carlisle ran through town.

Public transport comes under Greater Manchester.

The local BBC is Look North from Salford. 

To even suggest that there is any link between Whaley and the East Midlands is really silly.

Something in me seems to remember that old uk82/oi band Blitz came from new mills lol

A6 closed

Buxton train route closed

Both Sheffield Manchester routes open from Wednesday.

9 hours ago, Robin-H said:

so that the damage can be properly assessed. 

Hold on, I thought that the damage had been properly assessed on day one?

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Hold on, I thought that the damage had been properly assessed on day one?

Nope. Did not say that anywhere. 

What I did say is that engineers would have assessed the situation from the very beginning, and would have made recommendations as to what the best course of action should be to minimise any risk of the dam collapsing. 

On 05/08/2019 at 21:56, *_ash_* said:

top: yes, of course me too. (although listen to them and acting, could be picked up on)

I haven't watched Look North

I can't stand the set up of:

Woman: 'So,... today, I'm going to start a sentence'

Man: *giggles* ...'and I'm going to finish it', and this continues throughout the programme.

(lots of programmes do this nowadays, I don't watch them)

but...

At what point would YOU think that you want to make the decision?

Say you go up to the engineers, and emergency services, and they say this:

Engineer - 'the risk now of a breach is extremely low, the levels are low, however until empty we can't evaluate the possible damage, or leakage in the lower parts'

Emer Serv - 'So we're still advising staying away, until they say is completely safe'

? This is obviously an exaggeration, but just pointing out there is a sliding scale.

Too right ash,nearly  everyone on the news these days are talking of cutbacks while they themselves employ two people to complete one sentence.

10 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Nope. Did not say that anywhere. 

What I did say is that engineers would have assessed the situation from the very beginning, and would have made recommendations as to what the best course of action should be to minimise any risk of the dam collapsing. 

They've been running the drainage pipes over the far side of the dam onto the spillway (pic on BBC link).  I'd imagine if its as leaky as the other side those slabs will need to be lifted and checked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49247226

Edited by alchresearch

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

They've been running the drainage pipes over the far side of the dam onto the spillway (pic on BBC link).  I'd imagine if its as leaky as the other side those slabs will need to be lifted and checked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49247226

Thank you for the link. I can now prove with evidence on that that there is a  conspiracy  to destroy the dam, look what is happening between 1.30 and 1.41m.

The conspiracy is all about German revenge for the dambuster raid. The breached dam would flooded the area near Woodford once associated with building  Lancaster bombers and  their engines. 

At a critical time all the (German?) pumps were reversed  to suck up water and over top the dam.

Please could any expert Conspiracy Theorist on here tell how I am doing on my  first Conspiracy Theory?

21 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Please could any expert Conspiracy Theorist on here tell how I am doing on my  first Conspiracy Theory?

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they start as a joke and end up being taken seriously by the hard of thinking. 🤨

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they start as a joke and end up being taken seriously by the hard of thinking. 🤨

You're not far off.  I did read a theory that the town was evacuated because of a UFO (aka the Close Encounters film).   There was a spoof campaign to "storm Whalley Bridge - they can't stop all of us" 🙂

Edited by alchresearch