Are Buses Allowed To Leave A Terminus Early?

Despite being about 100 yards away from the Lodge Moor terminus, at least three minutes early, the driver of the 23.21 51 service decided to drive straight through the terminus and leave early, leaving me stuck until a taxi eventually decided to turn up, as that's the last bus towards town. This has happened before, last time I was actually stood at the terminus stop well on time, luckily I managed to run and flag him down on the road as set off back towards town, no apology or anything. I'm aware buses often leave minor stops early but I thought main stops such as this they had to wait until the scheduled departure time? Really bad for any bus to do it but especially the last one of the night! Grrrrr!

Edited by Colin Foster

It happens fairly often.

Many times I’ve had to wait ten minutes on a stationary bus which has left the garage early by accident and the driver is trying to avoid catching up with the bus in front.

2 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Despite being about 100 yards away from the Lodge Moor terminus, at least three minutes early, the driver of the 23.21 51 service decided to drive straight through the terminus and leave early, leaving me stuck until a taxi eventually decided to turn up, as that's the last bus towards town. This has happened before, last time I was actually stood at the terminus stop well on time, luckily I managed to run and flag him down on the road as set off back towards town, no apology or anything. I'm aware buses often leave minor stops early but I thought main stops such as this they had to wait until the scheduled departure time? Really bad for any bus to do it but especially the last one of the night! Grrrrr!

Report it ASAP   the driver NEEDS sacking

9 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

No he doe"snt , unless he is a regular offender. a severe reprimand would suffice.

I was always told from being a little kid that there can be all kinds of excuses for a bus to be late, but none whatsoever for one to be early,

1 minute ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I was always told from being a little kid that there can be all kinds of excuses for a bus to be late, but none whatsoever for one to be early,

That's correct Mr T. long time since I drove buses but always amazed me why passengers get to the bus stop at the last minute..

Why not get their 4/5 mins early, just in case it leaves a couple of mins early.

I still see a couple of old mates, and I"m led to believe that they now have a tracking device that informs the parent garage the bus is running early, so no excuse.

Maybe your watch was wrong!

Maybe the buses time was wrong and in fact it left on time as per ticket machine 

31 minutes ago, haddy said:

Maybe your watch was wrong!

Maybe the buses time was wrong and in fact it left on time as per ticket machine 

That happens often enough!

2 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Think I will be reporting it, it's really not on!

Nothing wrong with my watch or my phone.

At one time drivers could be fined for leaving early, sadly today's service, which it isn't, is a complete joke.