Reading V Wednesday

5 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

As hots says it's not about not wanting to go up. The money side is worth a season or two there so chairman can get some cash back and safeguard the club. Doesn't mean I have to like what it stands for

Nervy don"t be so negative,

I remember when the Owls were a massive club (yes massive) back in the 50/60s. Hillsboro was called the Wembley of the north, semi finals of the cup almost every year.

Yes your right, the Prem is pants, but that does"nt mean we should"nt be up there competing with the very best, it can be achieved.

Top 6 in the Prem, just a dream.... lets turn that dream into a reality .

One day who knows... THINK POSITIVE.

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

I remember when the Owls were a massive club (yes massive) back in the 50/60s. Hillsboro was called the Wembley of the north, semi finals of the cup almost every year.

Yes your right, the Prem is pants, but that does"nt mean we should"nt be up there competing with the very best, it can be achieved.

The Premier League don’t want the likes of the Sheffield clubs in the top 6, they want Manchester United, Chelsea etc, teams who are box office in the Far East, they can then rake money in from the TV rights which is the Premier Leagues sole interest.

Its vile.

The prem is ok for the money trouble is its starting in the championship with big transfers

1 minute ago, Chezowl66 said:

The prem is ok for the money trouble is its starting in the championship with big transfers

I keep hearing this but who does the money benefit, certainly not the fans.

1 hour ago, Chezowl66 said:

And goes all the way through the EFL look at clubs like Bury and Bolton, The PL clubs get the better talent coming through and then loan them out, look at the number Chelsea loan out, the players develop then the PL clubs either keep the players or move them on at a profit. Clubs in the Championship then look for more money from the players they want to sell in order to meet the cost of buying players from the PL clubs in the hope of reaching the promised land. The EFL clubs are all suffering because of the money that is pumped into the PL, as I said on another thread the BBC don't care about any teams other than the ones in the PL and the was there even a results round up on the news last night? This morning on Breakfast there was a mention of the Barnsley match and they showed the goal, however I think this was more to do with a Fulham players sister being racially abused at the match by Fulham fans.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

I'll support Wednesday until I'm gone or they are gone no matter what league but I can't help disliking the premiership, I can't see that changing even if we do get there. It wouldn't stop me going but i won't lose sleep about being there.

Top 6 is a pipedream for either Sheffield club. Ok United have spent more than I expected but I don't think they will break into the top 6 

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'll support Wednesday until I'm gone or they are gone no matter what league but I can't help disliking the premiership, I can't see that changing even if we do get there. It wouldn't stop me going but i won't lose sleep about being there.

Top 6 is a pipedream for either Sheffield club. Ok United have spent more than I expected but I don't think they will break into the top 6 

I'd take 7th.

6 hours ago, Moistened said:

I'd take 7th.

7th can be a Europa league place, a club only need to finish above Everton to get there.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 09:09, iansheff said:

Well the start of another season, maybe hopes have been dashed a little with Bruce walking out but then again who knows.

It certainly has influenced the Sky Sports readers in their predictions for the Championship:

Promoted: Fulham, Leeds 

Relegated: Birmingham, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday.

Todays line up at Reading.

Westwood,

Odubajo,

Borner,

Lees,

Palmer,

Lee,

Bannan,

Hutchinson,

Harris,

Reach,

Fletcher

Subs:

Dawson, Fox, Rhodes, Pelupessy, Joao, Nuhiu, Forestieri

Birmingham City, Hull City and the Owls for relegation  ? All at one time managed by Steve Bruce, perhaps they should. go for some of the other teams he's managed that are now in the Premier who might be circling around the relegation drain come next May:  Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Sheffield United and his current employers.

Do you know what happens when everyone wants (and gets) more money than the man (club) next door? When a Plasterer wants more than a Plumber, and a Joiner wants more than a Plasterer, and an Electrician thinks they are more important than all the others put together?

Eventually, the majority 'can't afford it' and the clubs, services, parks, playgrounds, roads, hospitals, doctors, plumbers, plasterers, and joiners aren't like they used to be, and most people aren't happy. They're either neglected, or bypassed and overall, most things get worse.

Believe me, Football will eat itself.

Yep, there'll be a dozen 'elite' clubs left in the world, all worth trillions, but the game as we know it, will be gone. 

Lots of menials, like both Sheffield clubs and many others, will survive, but they'll probably play each other on a Tuesday night after work in Graves Park or somewhere.

Bramall Lane and Hillsborough will either be 'Luxury Flats' made of Plasterboard and plastic, or massive Donald J. Trump or Rupert Murdoch Financial Centers.

Note the spelling ........................................ Centers............ Not English. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

19 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Do you know what happens when everyone wants (and gets) more money than the man (club) next door? When a Plasterer wants more than a Plumber, and a Joiner wants more than a Plasterer, and an Electrician thinks they are more important than all the others put together?

Eventually, the majority 'can't afford it' and the clubs, services, parks, playgrounds, roads, hospitals, doctors, plumbers, plasterers, and joiners aren't like they used to be, and most people aren't happy. They're either neglected, or bypassed and overall, most things get worse.

Believe me, Football will eat itself.

Yep, there'll be a dozen 'elite' clubs left in the world, all worth trillions, but the game as we know it, will be gone. 

Lots of menials, like both Sheffield clubs and many others, will survive, but they'll probably play each other on a Tuesday night after work in Graves Park or somewhere.

Bramall Lane and Hillsborough will either be 'Luxury Flats' made of Plasterboard and plastic, or massive Donald J. Trump or Rupert Murdoch Financial Centers.

Note the spelling ........................................ Centers............ Not English. 

Morning Hots,

Your usual tongue in cheek humourous post.

Hope your right, probably be better if football went back to its grass roots, when footballers got barely a living wage, some had other jobs to supplement their meagre wage, but look at the talent which was produced back in the old days, Stan Mathews, Nat Lofthouse, Dixie Dean and many others.. all giving 100%.. remember Bert Trautman playing most of the game with a broken neck, imagine that today.. pull a muscle 3weeks in the treatment room.. football will always be..well...football.. I can stand and watch 13/14 yr olds playing in the park and enjoy it as much as watching the overrated millionaires perform.. Sod the champions league, lets resurrect the county cup..