Reading V Wednesday

Thanks Padders, but let me tell you, my post isn't tongue in cheek, it's deadly serious.

23 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Finishing in the top 6 doesn't put you in the Premier League!?!

Not liking the Premier League and not wanting to be in it are two separate things.

I dislike the Premier League. I dislike the amount of money needed to compete in it. I dislike the amount of  money Sky pour in to it. I dislike the obscene wages paid to people involved in it. I dislike the fact that most TV Companies think that it's the only League in the World (almost). I dislike the fact the BBC (TV) considered that the season doesn't start 'til next week and totally ignored yesterday's action. I dislike the way Pundits tell us that the Premier League is 'The Promised Land'. I dislike the greed and the selfishness and the arrogance that prevails in it.

Some  usually level headed Blades on this Forum are already showing signs of superiority and arrogance. I don't like to see 'em going down that road.

It's not just Blades, it's a fair chunk of the 'run of the Mill' clubs in the Prem that suffer from the same affliction.

Yeah, some Owls are guilty of  having rubbed things in over the years, Don't they look a bit stupid now? I've always been humble, a trait I find is much better than being arrogant, greedy and selfish.

I hope we get promoted this season, so that Chansiri can get some of his money back, and any money worries the Club may have, are removed.

Should (when) we then fall back in to the Championship, I trust that  we would handle our finances in a much better way, and that we never again have concerns about PPI, FFP or whatever else they've changed the 'list of shame's' name to this time round.

A fair response

Problem is with Wednesdayites saying "we don't want to be in the premier league", it sounds like sour grapes because United are.

We might as well pack up and not bother if we don't want to make it to the premier. And of course there's little chance we (or most sides) could ever break into the top 4-5 but that's modern football

11 minutes ago, redbig said:

Problem is with Wednesdayites saying "we don't want to be in the premier league", it sounds like sour grapes because United are.

We might as well pack up and not bother if we don't want to make it to the premier. And of course there's little chance we (or most sides) could ever break into the top 4-5 but that's modern football

I've said it on here long before they were even back in the championship. It's not about not wanting us to go up I just have no problem with being in the championship. If we go up, great, financial side secured but that's all I want us there for.

I'd still expect us to give it a go but wouldn't want us to spend what Fulham did or villa this season

11 hours ago, redbig said:

I dont think it so much sour grapes,as the fear of getting beat every week and watching your side getting torn to shreds,most sides in their initial season play on the back foot as it takes time to build and blend a squad with the quality to compete on an equal footing even for the mid table spots,Wolves were fantastic last season and bucked that trend,so it is achievable,I think wolves are in the qualifiers for the europa league this season,tremendous achievement but it didnt come cheap............

It sounds like sour grapes, but it's not.

I, and many more like me, stated our dislike of the Premier League, it's greed, it's arrogance, and it's callousness whilst United were still in Division 1.

Most of us couldn't give a hoot what United do, or where they are.

This, I say, with the utmost confidence that they won't win anything.

NOW, if they DID  win something, you wouldn't see me for dust!! :hihi:

48 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It sounds like sour grapes, but it's not.

I, and many more like me, stated our dislike of the Premier League, it's greed, it's arrogance, and it's callousness whilst United were still in Division 1.

Most of us couldn't give a hoot what United do, or where they are.

This, I say, with the utmost confidence that they won't win anything.

NOW, if they DID  win something, you wouldn't see me for dust!! :hihi:

I never understand fans saying that they are not bothered what they do in the Prem they'll make a packet out of it, Huddersfield won three games last season, THREE - as a paying fan it would be no consolation to now know the club have received £100m for the wretched season I'd just sat through.

You can't even look forward to a cup run as teams are that scared of losing Prem status they field weakened teams.

31 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I never understand fans saying that they are not bothered what they do in the Prem they'll make a packet out of it, Huddersfield won three games last season, THREE - as a paying fan it would be no consolation to now know the club have received £100m for the wretched season I'd just sat through.

You can't even look forward to a cup run as teams are that scared of losing Prem status they field weakened teams.

To be fair Huddersfield were one of the poorest teams to go up in 

recent times, hopefully the blades are better equipped to handle the premiership. The quandary for owners is do we splash the cash, or are we quite happy to be a yo yo team, many like Brighton are now spending having topped up their kitty in the hope of remaining  in the top level, this and maybe this for the blades is the best way to go

Got to aim to mirror Wolves/Burnley/Bournemouth etc. What Bournemouth have done with a stadium that holds 10k is fantastic. But then I suppose the gate receipts are insignificant to the prize money

I still think you have to aim for the highest level, or whats the point ?

And I don't get the sky bashing

1 hour ago, redbig said:

Got to aim to mirror Wolves/Burnley/Bournemouth etc. What Bournemouth have done with a stadium that holds 10k is fantastic. But then I suppose the gate receipts are insignificant to the prize money

I still think you have to aim for the highest level, or whats the point ?

And I don't get the sky bashing

I despise Sky I can fully understand the bashing.