Reading V Wednesday

Another win and who is in charge?

Think there is a pattern emerging

give lee the job,great win ,but that luck also never goes away without another problem as we are short of goalkeepers ,how long is the westwood ban? why do we also get a but when we play,but good start

Read it's a 1 game ban so not too bad, I thought it would be a 3 game ban. Misses Barnsley game if it can't be reversed

Edited by NERVY-OWL

Dont forget that many Owls fans on here dont want to finish higher than 7th or you will be in the Premier League and they say they dont want that

1 hour ago, barry-333 said:

Dont forget that many Owls fans on here dont want to finish higher than 7th or you will be in the Premier League and they say they dont want that

I want them to win the league, I wouldn't be watching them the season after though.

Congrats guys nice start..

Very suprised to see Palmer at LB ,VERY lucky not to go a man down on 21 mins,Lees clearly handles it on the line but Reading didnt appeal?

Reading wastefull infront of goal,nice easy game to start with,expect reading to end up in the bottom 3,not reading much into that as well face MANY stiffer games starting next saturday,nice to kick off with an away win.

Still a lot of issues within the club that need addressing,Bullys not the man for that,we need a manager thats larger and more valued than the hierarchy,personally Id go for Moyes,reckon our set up would suit him,we dont need major surgery just strength in leadership and a guy that can stand up to the owner

4 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Very suprised to see Palmer at LB ,VERY lucky not to go a man down on 21 mins,Lees clearly handles it on the line but Reading didnt appeal?

Reading wastefull infront of goal,nice easy game to start with,expect reading to end up in the bottom 3,not reading much into that as well face MANY stiffer games starting next saturday,nice to kick off with an away win.

Still a lot of issues within the club that need addressing,Bullys not the man for that,we need a manager thats larger and more valued than the hierarchy,personally Id go for Moyes,reckon our set up would suit him,we dont need major surgery just strength in leadership and a guy that can stand up to the owner

Yeah I suggested Moyes a while back, but he was not in the betting, last time I looked. He was really good with Everton for a long time and would perhaps be still there but for his "friend" Sir Alex.

Tom Lees must have been so glad var is not used in the Championship,or it would have been a easy red card and penalty,i bet he was laughing with the players at half time,Good birthday present for Sam scoring a Brilliant header,we still miss a big midfielder in the team,but could Hector sign he would good a holding midfielder,Top of league when most of the pundits picked the Owls to get relegated

38 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Tom Lees must have been so glad var is not used in the Championship,or it would have been a easy red card and penalty,i bet he was laughing with the players at half time,Good birthday present for Sam scoring a Brilliant header,we still miss a big midfielder in the team,but could Hector sign he would good a holding midfielder,Top of league when most of the pundits picked the Owls to get relegated

Still only three points off the drop 🤯

15 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Finishing in the top 6 doesn't put you in the Premier League!?!

Not liking the Premier League and not wanting to be in it are two separate things.

I dislike the Premier League. I dislike the amount of money needed to compete in it. I dislike the amount of  money Sky pour in to it. I dislike the obscene wages paid to people involved in it. I dislike the fact that most TV Companies think that it's the only League in the World (almost). I dislike the fact the BBC (TV) considered that the season doesn't start 'til next week and totally ignored yesterday's action. I dislike the way Pundits tell us that the Premier League is 'The Promised Land'. I dislike the greed and the selfishness and the arrogance that prevails in it.

Some  usually level headed Blades on this Forum are already showing signs of superiority and arrogance. I don't like to see 'em going down that road.

It's not just Blades, it's a fair chunk of the 'run of the Mill' clubs in the Prem that suffer from the same affliction.

Yeah, some Owls are guilty of  having rubbed things in over the years, Don't they look a bit stupid now? I've always been humble, a trait I find is much better than being arrogant, greedy and selfish.

I hope we get promoted this season, so that Chansiri can get some of his money back, and any money worries the Club may have, are removed.

Should (when) we then fall back in to the Championship, I trust that  we would handle our finances in a much better way, and that we never again have concerns about PPI, FFP or whatever else they've changed the 'list of shame's' name to this time round.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

15 hours ago, barry-333 said:

As hots says it's not about not wanting to go up. The money side is worth a season or two there so chairman can get some cash back and safeguard the club. Doesn't mean I have to like what it stands for